Elena Klutchareva is an associate in the Moscow office and a member of the Corporate Department and Blockchain Practice.
Her practice focuses on mergers ...
Read Full Biography
- International Paper, a global producer of renewable fiber-based packaging and pulp products, in the separation and spin-off of its global printing papers business, Sylvamo, and related financing arrangements.
- PJSC Polyus and its subsidiary Polyus Service in the program to purchase up to an aggregate of 1,428,571 ordinary shares of Polyus, including ordinary shares represented by depositary shares, for approx. $300 million.
- Ultra Group in its $77 million joint venture with Sredneuralsk Copper Smelter to operate an ammonium sulfate production plant.
- Alibaba in the joint venture of its AliExpress business in Russia with the Russian Direct Investment Fund, MegaFon and Mail.ru, aimed at integrating Russia’s key consumer internet and e-commerce platforms.
- A multinational life sciences company in internal investigations relating to corruption allegations regarding Russian and another CIS subsidiary.
- AXA in its acquisition of Bermuda-based XL/Catlin Group for $15.3 billion in connection with insurance M&A and regulatory matters.
- Universal Cargo Logistics Holding (UCL Holding) in a division of the shipbuilding and shipping business of Volgo-Balt Transport Holding (VBTH) with its minority shareholders, whereby the river cruise business of VBTH (Vodokhod Group) was taken over by the minority shareholders and UCL Holding consolidated 100% of VBTH, which has retained control of all of the shipbuilding and water cargo transportation assets.
- NLMK in its $700 million Eurobond offering of 4.5% loan participation notes due 2023, and a related tender offer for its outstanding notes due 2018 and 2019 for the aggregate principal amount of $571 million.
- Shareholders of the International Center for Financial and Economic Development (MCFER) in the buyout of Wolters Kluwer’s stake in a joint publishing business in Russia and other CIS countries, followed by the sale of the consolidated business of MCFER to a major Russian publishing house (including advice on a pre-sale repatriation of the Russian business from foreign jurisdictions back to Russia).
- A Russian investment company in the restructuring of its group consisting of investment, management and development companies (including antitrust filings with the FAS of Russia).
- Titan Group in its establishment of a joint venture with Sibur and Gazprom Neft on the basis of the Omsk Polypropylene Plant (Poliom).
- Sberbank in the acquisition of 70% stake in Cetelem Bank and formation of a joint venture with BNP Paribas Personal Finance.
- Freight One in the acquisition of a rail transport operator from Severstal.
- Schneider Electric in its acquisition of a 50% interest and further consolidation of a 100% stake in ZAO Group of Companies Electroshield – TM Samara.
- Pirelli in its joint venture with Russian Technologies State Corporation to set up a tire manufacturing business with SIBUR Holding, including regulatory aspects and employment issues.
- A Russian company in the analysis of the regulation and structure of an asset-backed ICO.
- A Russian investment company on matters related to the creation of a cryptoexchange.
- Block.one on the status of tokens associated with the open-source blockchain software platform that it intends to build to allow parallel processing of transactions across various blockchains and other regulatory implications of this project under Russian law.
- DataWallet on the status of tokens associated with its distributed ledger technology for data exchange transactions and other regulatory implications of this project under Russian law.
- StreamSpace on the status of tokens associated with its platform for distribution of films based on blockchain principles and other regulatory implications of this project under Russian law.
- Sweetbridge on the status of tokens associated with its supply-chain management blockchain platform and other regulatory implications of this project under Russian law.
- Nuggets on the status of tokens associated with its decentralized identity-verification and information exchange application and other regulatory implications of this project under Russian law.
- DisLedger on the status of tokens associated with its distributed ledger technology to conduct high-volume transaction processing and other regulatory implications of this project under Russian law.
- Autodidactic Fintech on various regulatory issues arising from offering tokens to Russians.
- Russian School of Private Law, 2015, M.A.
- Moscow State University, Faculty of Law, 2013, Law Degree