Elena Klutchareva is an associate in the Moscow office and a member of the Corporate Department and Blockchain Practice.
Her practice focuses on mergers ...
Read Full Biography
- Ultra Group in its $77 million joint venture with Sredneuralsk Copper Smelter to operate an ammonium sulfate production plant.
- Alibaba in the joint venture of its AliExpress business in Russia with the Russian Direct Investment Fund, MegaFon and Mail.ru, aimed at integrating Russia’s key consumer internet and e-commerce platforms.
- A multinational life sciences company in internal investigations relating to corruption allegations regarding Russian and another CIS subsidiary.
- AXA in its acquisition of Bermuda-based XL/Catlin Group for $15.3 billion in connection with insurance M&A and regulatory matters.
- Universal Cargo Logistics Holding (UCL Holding) in a division of the shipbuilding and shipping business of Volgo-Balt Transport Holding (VBTH) with its minority shareholders, whereby the river cruise business of VBTH (Vodokhod Group) was taken over by the minority shareholders and UCL Holding consolidated 100% of VBTH, which has retained control of all of the shipbuilding and water cargo transportation assets.
- NLMK in its $700 million Eurobond offering of 4.5% loan participation notes due 2023, and a related tender offer for its outstanding notes due 2018 and 2019 for the aggregate principal amount of $571 million.
- Shareholders of the International Center for Financial and Economic Development (MCFER) in the buyout of Wolters Kluwer’s stake in a joint publishing business in Russia and other CIS countries, followed by the sale of the consolidated business of MCFER to a major Russian publishing house (including advice on a pre-sale repatriation of the Russian business from foreign jurisdictions back to Russia).
- A Russian investment company in the restructuring of its group consisting of investment, management and development companies (including antitrust filings with the FAS of Russia).
- Titan Group in its establishment of a joint venture with Sibur and Gazprom Neft on the basis of the Omsk Polypropylene Plant (Poliom).
- Sberbank in the acquisition of 70% stake in Cetelem Bank and formation of a joint venture with BNP Paribas Personal Finance.
- Freight One in the acquisition of a rail transport operator from Severstal.
- Schneider Electric in its acquisition of a 50% interest and further consolidation of a 100% stake in ZAO Group of Companies Electroshield – TM Samara.
- Pirelli in its joint venture with Russian Technologies State Corporation to set up a tire manufacturing business with SIBUR Holding, including regulatory aspects and employment issues.
- A Russian company in the analysis of the regulation and structure of an asset-backed ICO.
- A Russian investment company on matters related to the creation of a cryptoexchange.
- Block.one on the status of tokens associated with the open-source blockchain software platform that it intends to build to allow parallel processing of transactions across various blockchains and other regulatory implications of this project under Russian law.
- DataWallet on the status of tokens associated with its distributed ledger technology for data exchange transactions and other regulatory implications of this project under Russian law.
- StreamSpace on the status of tokens associated with its platform for distribution of films based on blockchain principles and other regulatory implications of this project under Russian law.
- Sweetbridge on the status of tokens associated with its supply-chain management blockchain platform and other regulatory implications of this project under Russian law.
- Nuggets on the status of tokens associated with its decentralized identity-verification and information exchange application and other regulatory implications of this project under Russian law.
- DisLedger on the status of tokens associated with its distributed ledger technology to conduct high-volume transaction processing and other regulatory implications of this project under Russian law.
- Autodidactic Fintech on various regulatory issues arising from offering tokens to Russians.
- Russian School of Private Law, 2015, M.A.
- Moscow State University, Faculty of Law, 2013, Law Degree