Elliot Greenfield is a litigation counsel whose practice focuses on complex civil litigation. He has significant experience defending companies and officers ...
Read Full Biography
- NRG Yield in a securities class action litigation.
- MetLife, its Board of Directors and certain officers in securities class action and derivative litigation arising from the company’s practices with regard to unclaimed life insurance benefits.
- Barrick Gold Corporation, a Canadian mining company, and three of its current and former executives in a securities class action arising from alleged misrepresentations regarding the predicted cost, timing and production estimates of a multibillion dollar gold and silver mining development in South America.
- Syncora Holdings (previously Security Capital Assurance, Inc.) and four former executives in the successful dismissal of a securities class action alleging that Syncora misrepresented and failed to disclose its exposure to subprime-related risk.
- Providence Equity Partners in winning summary judgment in the Delaware Court of Chancery, affirmed by the Delaware Supreme Court, in a shareholder class action lawsuit challenging Providence’s $1.9 billion acquisition of SRA International.
- The Board of Directors of Monsanto in its $66 billion sale to Bayer.
- The Special Committee and independent members of the Board of Directors of Dell in defeating requests for a preliminary injunction and obtaining dismissal of 26 stockholder class actions challenging $25 billion going-private transaction.
- Independent directors of News Corporation in allegations relating to phone-hacking in the United Kingdom.
- Providence Equity Partners in winning summary judgment in a shareholder class action lawsuit arising from Providence’s $1.9 billion acquisition of SRA International.
- Security Capital Assurance in the successful dismissal -- on a motion to dismiss -- of securities class action claims alleging that SCA misstated, or failed to disclose, information on a registration statement and a prospectus concerning its alleged exposure to subprime- and CDO-related risks.
- A major global insurer in multiple shareholder class action and derivative lawsuits challenging practices with regard to payment of death benefits and escheatment of unclaimed death benefits.
- Barrick Gold and seven of its current and former officers and directors in a securities class action arising from the development of a mining project in South America.
- Disney, NBC Universal and CBS Broadcasting in a copyright dispute with Aereo, which intercepts their over-the-air broadcast signals, converts them and retransmits those broadcasts over the internet.
- Protective Life in its $5.7 billion merger with a subsidiary of Dai-ichi Life, a life insurance company listed on the Tokyo stock exchange.
- Juan Sebastian Montes, a former executive of Petroleos de Venezuela, in litigation involving the Michael Kenwood Group.
- CIFG Assurance North America as a plaintiff in a successful action – won on an early, pre-discovery summary judgment motion – for breach of a reinsurance contract.
- The former Chief Financial Officer of Hertz in securities class action litigation arising from restatement of Hertz’s financial results.
- New York University School of Law, 2005, J.D.
- University of California at Berkeley, 2001, Ph.D.
- Wesleyan University, 1994, B.A.