Gabriel Silva is an associate in the Litigation Department.
Mr. Silva joined Debevoise in 2019. From 2014 to 2018, he was an associate in the Litigation ...
Read Full Biography
- YPF S.A. in successfully defeating claims for roughly $15 billion in damages and pre-judgment interest that were brought by Petersen Energía and Eton Park (both funded by Burford Capital) in the S.D.N.Y. arising from the Republic of Argentina’s 2012 intervention in YPF and subsequent expropriation of 51% of YPF’s capital stock.
- Ripple in a ruling against the Securities and Exchange Commission by the Southern District of New York holding that Ripple's digital token XRP is not an “investment contract” in many circumstances.
- A Brazilian bank in an ICC arbitration arising out of warranties and indemnities given under a share purchase agreement governed by English law.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, 2019, LL.M.
- Univ Sao Paulo Law School, 2013, LL.B.