Greg Larkin is a corporate counsel and a member of the firm’s Investment Management Group, based in the Washington, D.C. office. Mr. Larkin focuses ...
Read Full Biography
- J.C. Flowers and AmeriLife Group in the sale of AmeriLife to Thomas H. Lee Partners.
- The Carlyle Group in its $1.8 billion acquisition, with T&D Holdings, of a majority interest in Fortitude Re.
- Mitsui USA in its acquisition of a minority non-controlling interest in Capitala, an asset management firm, and the formation of a strategic partnership between the two firms.
- The Carlyle Group in its strategic partnership with AIG to position DSA Re as a platform to provide solutions for insurance liabilities globally.
- AXA and AXA Equitable Holdings on the initial public offering of AXA Equitable Holdings on the New York Stock Exchange for approximately $4 billion, and AXA Equitable Holdings in its offering and sale of $3.8 billion of senior notes.
- Ambac Assurance Corporation, a Wisconsin domiciled insurance company, in a holistic restructuring transaction that involved three exchange offers of existing debt securities and other payment obligations for approximately $2.2 billion of newly-issued debt securities, as well as a new-money financing collateralized by the future proceeds of certain litigation claims against RMBS originators.
- Two investors in their joint acquisition of Chesapeake Asset Management, a New York-based investment advisor.
- American Investment Council in the implementation of the regulatory changes affecting the private equity industry as a result of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act.
- Apollo Global Management in its acquisition of a majority interest in the asset management business of AR Capital (subsequently withdrawn), its acquisition of the wholesale distribution business of RCS Capital and its substantial minority equity investment in RCS Capital.
- The D. E. Shaw Group, a global investment and technology development firm, in the sale of a 20% equity interest in the management companies of The D. E. Shaw Group previously owned by Lehman Brothers to an entity managed by Hillspire, the family office that serves as the investment vehicle for Google Executive Chairman Eric Schmidt and his family.
- Baring Private Equity Asia, in the formation of Baring Asia Private Equity Fund VI, a $4 billion pan-Asia private equity fund.
- Guardian Life in its sale of RS Investments to Victory Capital.
- Kelso & Company in its acquisition with Estancia Capital Management of American Beacon.
- MBIA in its sale of Cutwater Asset Management, an investment management company with $23 billion in assets under management, to BNY Mellon.
- New York Life Investments in its acquisition of a majority interest in Private Advisors, a manager of private equity and hedge funds of funds with $3.9 billion in assets under management.
- FNBNY Bancorp and its sponsor, Modern Capital Partners, in FNBNY’s acquisition of Madison National Bancorp and its subsidiary, Madison National Bank.
- The Carlyle Group, Clayton, Dubilier & Rice, EIG Global Energy Partners, EQT, Global Infrastructure Partners, HarbourVest Partners, Kelso & Company, KKR, OEP Capital Advisors, Morgan Stanley, Providence Equity Partners, Prudential and Stone Point Capital with respect to regulatory and compliance advice.
- New York University School of Law, 2008, J.D.