Guilherme Recena Costa is a member of the International Dispute Resolution Group, where his practice focuses on international commercial and investment ...
Read Full Biography
- Gramercy Funds Management and Gramercy Peru Holdings in an UNCITRAL arbitration against the Government of Peru under the U.S.-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement, arising out of Peru’s measures relating to Agrarian Reform Bonds.
- A publicly-listed sporting goods company in a dispute arising out of a distribution agreement, winning dismissal of all claims for over €30 million in addition to an award of attorney’s fees.
- The International Court of Arbitration® of the International Chamber of Commerce as amicus curiae in support of Chevron Corporation’s opposition to the confirmation of an Egyptian arbitral award before the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California.
- A construction company in an ICC arbitration with a major oil company under an EPC contract for the construction of a semi-submersible drilling platform.
- A leading telecommunications and digital media company in an LCIA arbitration of a contractual dispute arising out of the purchase of assets in multiple jurisdictions, winning a complete victory on indemnification claims of over €139 million, defeating counterclaims of over €84 million, and obtaining a substantial costs award.
- Tethyan Copper Company in its US$6 billion arbitration win against the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, which is the second-largest ICSID award ever rendered.
- Bulyanhulu Gold Mine Limited and Pangea Minerals Limited, subsidiaries of Acacia Mining plc, in a mining arbitration against the Government of the United Republic of Tanzania seated in London under the UNCITRAL Rules.
- The State of Qatar and Qatari entities and individuals in international claims arising out of the measures imposed by the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, and Egypt against Qatar, including twice prevailing in proceedings on provisional measures before the International Court of Justice against the United Arab Emirates, and in investment arbitrations and claims in other international tribunals.
- A construction company in its ICC arbitration with a major oil company over delays and additional costs in a project for the construction of a FPSO platform.
- University of São Paulo, 2015, Ph.D.
- Yale Law School, 2014, LL.M.
- University of São Paulo, 2011, LL.M.
- Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, 2008, LL.B.