James Malmo is a corporate associate and a member of the Mergers & Acquisitions Group.
Mr. Malmo joined Debevoise in 2018. He received a J.D. from ...
Read Full Biography
- Blackstone Group in its investment in Ginger, a leader in on-demand healthcare, as part of a $100 million Series E funding round.
- GoDaddy in its acquisition of the .design domain extension.
- GoDaddy in its acquisition of the .club domain extension.
- Domtar in the $920 million sale of its personal care business to American Industrial Partners.
- Individual FoodService, a Kelso & Company portfolio company, in its merger with Brady Industries.
- Toyota Motor Corporation, as an investor in Uber Technologies' self driving unit Advanced Technologies Group (Uber ATG), in its sale of Uber ATG to Aurora.
- J.P. Morgan Securities, as financial advisor to Marvell Technology Group, in Marvell’s acquisition of Inphi Corporation creating a semiconductor company with an enterprise value of $40 billion.
- Steven Cohen and Cohen Private Ventures in the $2.4 billion acquisition of the Mets.
- Verizon in its $6.25 billion acquisition of Tracfone, the largest reseller of wireless services in the U.S.
- Verizon in its acquisition of BlueJeans, a market-leading cloud-based video conferencing and event platform.
- Morgan Stanley Capital Partners and Cadence Education in the sale of Cadence Education to Apax Partners.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in the financing aspects of its $205 million acquisition of Cynosure from Hologic.
- JetBlue Airways Corporation in its $772.3 million offering of enhanced equipment trust certificates (EETCs), Series 2019-1, secured by twenty-five Airbus aircraft.
- Elliott Management in the financing aspects of its $683 million acquisition of Barnes & Noble, the largest retail bookseller in the U.S.
- Delta Air Lines in its $500 million offering of enhanced equipment trust certificates (“EETC”) secured by two Airbus A220-100 aircraft, six Airbus A321-200 aircraft, four Boeing 737-900ER aircraft and two Airbus A350-900 aircraft, in two non-amortizing tranches, the first EETC offering by a major U.S. airline to include Airbus A220 aircraft as collateral.
- Columbia Law School, 2018, J.D.
- Colgate University, 2012, B.A.