James Malmo is a corporate associate and a member of the Mergers & Acquisitions Group.
Mr. Malmo joined Debevoise in 2018. He received a J.D. from ...
Read Full Biography
- Providence Equity Partners in its minority investment of up to $500 million in the formation of The North Road Company.
- Evercore, as financial advisor to Vocera Communications, in its sale to medical technologies company Stryker for a total enterprise value of approximately $3.09 billion.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its acquisition of PwC’s Global Mobility Tax and Immigration Services practice, the global leader in employee tax, immigration, business travel, cross-border managed services, and payroll solutions to multinational organizations and their employees.
- Blackstone in its investment in Medable, the leading cloud platform for patient-centered clinical research, valuing Medable at $2.1 billion.
- Cornerstone Building Brands in the $168 million sale of its roll-up sheet door business, DBCI, to Janus.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice and Solenis in the sale of Solenis to Platinum Equity at an implied enterprise value of $5.25 billion.
- Blackstone in its investment in Ginger, a leader in on-demand behavioral healthcare.
- GoDaddy in its acquisition of the .design domain extension.
- GoDaddy in its acquisition of the .club domain extension.
- Domtar in the $920 million sale of its personal care business to American Industrial Partners.
- Individual FoodService, a Kelso & Company portfolio company, in its merger with Brady Industries.
- Toyota Motor Corporation, as an investor in Uber Technologies' self driving unit Advanced Technologies Group (Uber ATG), in its sale of Uber ATG to Aurora.
- J.P. Morgan Securities, as financial advisor to Marvell Technology Group, in Marvell’s acquisition of Inphi Corporation creating a semiconductor company with an enterprise value of $40 billion.
- Steven Cohen and Cohen Private Ventures in the $2.4 billion acquisition of the Mets.
- Verizon in its $6.25 billion acquisition of Tracfone, the largest reseller of wireless services in the U.S.
- Verizon in its acquisition of BlueJeans, a market-leading cloud-based video conferencing and event platform.
- Morgan Stanley Capital Partners and Cadence Education in the sale of Cadence Education to Apax Partners.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in the financing aspects of its $205 million acquisition of Cynosure from Hologic.
- JetBlue Airways Corporation in its $772.3 million offering of enhanced equipment trust certificates (EETCs), Series 2019-1, secured by twenty-five Airbus aircraft.
- Elliott Management in the financing aspects of its $683 million acquisition of Barnes & Noble, the largest retail bookseller in the U.S.
- Delta Air Lines in its $500 million offering of enhanced equipment trust certificates (“EETC”) secured by two Airbus A220-100 aircraft, six Airbus A321-200 aircraft, four Boeing 737-900ER aircraft and two Airbus A350-900 aircraft, in two non-amortizing tranches, the first EETC offering by a major U.S. airline to include Airbus A220 aircraft as collateral.
- Columbia Law School, 2018, J.D.
- Colgate University, 2012, B.A.