Jared Kagan is an associate in the firm’s Intellectual Property and Media Group. His practice includes litigation and counseling on trademark, false ...
Read Full Biography
Intellectual Property and Media
- New York & Co. in obtaining reversal of trebled damages following a jury verdict of trademark infringement.
- WeWork, in securing a highly favorable settlement in a multijurisdictional trademark dispute with a coworking rival on the eve of a preliminary injunction hearing.
- Snyder’s-Lance in cancellation proceedings in the Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit, over the "Pretzel Crisps" trademark.
- BodyArmor in false advertising challenges filed by Gatorade before the NAD.
- Case-Mate in trademark claims against Wal-Mart over its sale of Casemate branded school and office supplies.
- Snap Inc. in defense of a trademark infringement lawsuit brought by Snap Interactive, Inc. with respect to Snap, Inc.'s corporate name.
- Take-Two Interactive Software in its response to Karen Gravano, daughter of Sammy the Bull Gravano and formerly featured on the reality show Mob Wives, who contends that the character Antonia Bottino in the video game Grand Theft Auto V infringes her right of publicity.
- Costco Wholesale in the successful Ninth Circuit appeal defending against the claim that Costco’s sale of gray market Seamaster watches infringed Omega’s copyright in a tiny globe design engraving on the back of the watches.
- Prometheus Global Media and its publication, the Hollywood Reporter, in defending a libel action filed in N.Y. Supreme Court by movie financier David Bergstein.
- Unilever in false advertising claims against Just Mayo sandwich spread on the ground that the Just Mayo name is false because the product contains no eggs and therefore is not mayonnaise.
- Moxie Software in a trademark infringement action filed in the Southern District of New York by Zenith Optimedia and its subsidiary Moxie Marketing Services.
- A major video game company in a First Amendment challenge to a public authority’s content-based removal of outdoor advertising.
General Commercial and White Collar Litigation
- Dennis Kozlowski, former CEO of Tyco, in defending action brought by Tyco seeking forfeiture and clawback of compensation and severance benefits.
- Robert Bruce, a former director and chairman of the audit committee of China North East Petroleum Holdings Limited, in a securities class action lawsuit and derivative lawsuit in which Mr. Bruce has been named as a defendant.
- A hedge fund advisor and its managing member on potential litigation involving the purchase and sale of an ownership interest in the advisor.
- One of the founders of a large hedge fund in a criminal insider trading investigation being conducted by the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Manhattan.
- New York Law School, 2010, J.D.
- Cornell University, 2007, B.S.