Javier Alvarez-Oviedo is an associate in the Litigation Department.
Mr. Alvarez-Oviedo joined Debevoise in 2018. He received his J.D. from Stanford Law ...
Read Full Biography
- A professional sports league on a wide range of data privacy and security issues, including compliance with US privacy laws, obligations under GDPR, and privacy architecture for global expansion.
- Founder of PokerStars, the World’s largest online poker cardroom, in his defense of criminal charges in the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York.
- Capital One in a resolution with FinCEN regarding its AML program, without criminal charges being filed.
- A Fortune 100 financial services entity in an internal investigation following a widespread business continuity event triggered by a large-scale data center outage.
- Stanford Law School, 2018, J.D.
- Wesleyan University, 2013, B.A.