Jayne Chi-Wing So, based in Hong Kong, is an associate and member of the firm’s Corporate Department. Her practice focuses on international mergers ...
Read Full Biography
- FWD in its acquisition of MetLife Hong Kong.
- AIA on its exclusive Asia Pacific regional partnership with Medix.
- Resolution Life in its revised AUS$3.0 billion acquisition of AMP Life.
- AIA in its cornerstone investment in a Chinese healthcare online start-up, WeDoctor, and related preferred distribution arrangements.
- Prudential Financial in its minority stake investment in Peak Reinsurance.
- AIA Group in the 15-year extension of its exclusive regional bancassurance agreement with Public Bank, extending the partnership to 2037.
- FWD in the sale of its Hong Kong Mandatory Provident Fund (MPF) and Occupational Retirement Schemes businesses to Sun Life Hong Kong Limited, and a 15-year strategic distribution agreement allowing FWD’s tied agency to distribute Sun Life’s MPF and ORSO products in Hong Kong.
- AIA Group in the establishment of its $5 billion Rule 144A Global Medium Term Note Programme and subsequent offerings.
- AIA Vietnam in its exclusive bancassurance agreement with VPBank.
- Prudential Financial in its life insurance joint venture with CT Corp in Indonesia.
- AIA Group in its $500 million offering in Taiwan of 4.47% senior unsecured fixed rate notes due 2047.
- American International Group in its sale of its Japan life insurance business to FWD.
- American International Group in its sale of a $1.2 billion stake in PICC Property and Casualty by means of a block trade.
- Ally Bridge in its PIPEs transaction with Nasdaq-listed Sorrento Therapeutics.
- Hony Capital in its strategic investment in, and related cooperation arrangements with, as well as follow-on investment and subsequent corporate restructuring transactions involving, the WeWork Companies.
- AIA Insurance Lanka, a subsidiary of Hong Kong-based life insurer AIA Group, in the sale of its stake in AIA General Insurance Lanka to Janakashi Insurance.
- Standard Chartered in a 15-year distribution partnership providing Manulife the exclusive right to offer its Mandatory Provident Fund (MPF) product to Standard Chartered’s customers in Hong Kong, and the acquisition by Manulife of Standard Chartered’s existing MPF and Occupational Retirement Schemes Ordinance businesses.
- American International Group in the sale of its Taiwan consumer and SME businesses to Nan Shan Life Insurance in Taiwan.
- Ingenico in its strategic partnership with Fosun International and acquisition by Fosun of a 20% minority stake in Ingenico’s Chinese activities.
- AIA Group in its offering of $750 million of 3.20% senior notes due 2025, listed on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange.
- Hanwha SolarOne in its $2 billion acquisition of Hanwha Q CELLS.
- AXA in the sale of its mandatory pension business in Hong Kong to the Principal Financial Group.
- University College London, 2009, LL.B.