Jin-Hyuk Jang is an international counsel based in our Frankfurt office and a member of the firm’s Funds/Investment Management Group and its Corporate ...
Read Full Biography
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in the formation of Clayton, Dubilier & Rice Fund XII, an approximately $26 billion fund, its largest fund to date.
- Glendower Capital in the formation of its Secondary Opportunities Fund V, a $5.8 billion global secondary private equity fund.
- Fifth Wall in the formation of its Real Estate Technology Fund III, an $866 million property technology fund aiming to invest in technologies relevant or complementary to the built environment.
- Fifth Wall in the formation of its Early-Stage Climate Technology Fund, a $500 million venture capital fund that invests in climate change mitigation technologies aiming to decarbonize the real estate industry.
- All Seas Capital in the formation of All Seas Capital I, a $400 million debut pan-European private fund.
- Lorax in the formation of LCP Fund II, a $253 million Egypt-focused private equity fund.
- Apera Asset Management in the formation of Apera Private Debt Fund II, a €1.27 billion pan-European mid-market private debt fund.
- AfricInvest in the formation of AfricInvest Fund IV, its largest ever Africa-focused fund with total commitments of $411 million.
- Temasek in the establishment of Decarbonization Partners, an investment partnership with BlackRock.
- FitzWalter Capital in the formation of FitzWalter Capital Partners I, its $920 million inaugural fund.
- Fifth Wall in the formation of its European Real Estate Technology Fund, a €140 million fund targeting investments in high-potential European startups, and potential co-investing opportunities alongside Fifth Wall’s North American Real Estate Tech funds.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in the sale of its investment in Belron, a worldwide leader in vehicle glass repair and replacement, valuing the company at €21 billion, including the formation of a new special purpose vehicle formed to continue CD&R’s partnership with Belron. The transaction was named “Secondaries Deal of the Year” by Buyouts magazine.
- Top Tier Capital Partners in the formation of Top Tier European Venture Capital Fund SCSp, a €260 million European venture capital fund of funds.
- A major international financial investor in the formation of a €1 billion+ global infrastructure fund.
- Allianz Global Investors in the formation of Allianz Renewable Energy Fund III, a $500 million fund targeting global renewable energy investments.
- LGT Capital Partners in the formation of Crown Global Secondaries V, a $4.5 billion private equity secondaries fund.
- Apera Asset Management’s private debt platform, a €750 million platform focussing on senior secured loans to lower mid-market businesses in German-speaking Europe, France, Benelux, the UK and Northern Europe.
- Navis Capital Partners in setting up their Luxembourg parallel fund for its private equity fund, seeking total capital commitments of $1.75 billion.
- UniCredit Bank in the structuring aspects of the sale of parts of its private equity portfolio and the setting up of the acquisition of SwanCap Opportunities Fund SCS.
- Hannover Finanz in the formation of its €200 million debt fund targeting investments in the DACH region.
- HarbourVest Partners in the sale of a portfolio of over one hundred private equity interests on behalf of a HarbourVest Partners managed account based in Europe to five independent investor groups.
- SwanCap Partners in the formation of its €600 million SwanCap Fund II.
- Novum Capital in the formation of a €100 million private equity fund targeting investments in the DACH region.
- Regulatory advice to Adams Street, Carlyle, Coller Capital, EQT, HPS Investment Partners, Lexington Partners, Morgan Stanley, Triton, Prudential Financial and Zurich Alternative Asset Management.
- Johann Wolfgang Goethe-Universität Frankfurt am Main, First State Examination
- Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität Münster, Master of Laws