John Rife is an English-qualified partner in the Corporate Department and a member of the firm’s Funds/Investment Management Group, where he advises ...
Read Full Biography
- LeapFrog Investments in the formation of LeapFrog Financial Inclusion Fund III, a $700 million emerging markets-focused impact fund.
- The sponsor of a leading European mid-market buyout fund in a contemplated tender offer process for one of its funds.
- A leading secondaries fund sponsor in its acquisition of a portfolio of private equity fund interests held by a European fund of funds sponsor.
- A European private equity firm in a fund recapitalisation.
- Tishman Speyer in the formation of Tishman Speyer European Real Estate Venture Fund VIII, a €750 million Europe real estate fund.
- Glendower Capital in its role as part of a consortium of blue-chip institutional investors to invest approximately $530 million in six companies controlled by Argonne Capital Group.
- A secondary opportunities fund in its hybrid NAV/capital call facility of around $170 million, providing for a combination of term and revolving debt, among other things, to refinance an existing capital call facility.
- A secondaries investor as the lead investor in the recapitalization of two “end-of-life” funds, sponsored by the same manager, in a merger transaction designed to offer liquidity to existing investors.
- Baring Vostok Capital Partners in the formation of Baring Vostok Private Equity Fund V, a $1.5 billion Russia CIS buyout fund.
- Deutsche Bank in the formation of Secondary Opportunities Fund III, a $1.65 billion U.S. and Europe secondaries fund.
- Deutsche Bank in the formation of Deutsche Bank Secondary Opportunities Fund II, a $614 million U.S. and Europe secondaries fund.
- Exponent Private Equity Partners in the formation of Exponent Private Equity Partners III, a £1 billion UK buyout fund.
- Morgan Stanley and Petroleum Equity in various infrastructure and energy fundraising and co-investment activities.
- Newport Global Advisors in the recapitalization of Newport Global Opportunities Fund LP. In the transaction, investment funds managed by Morgan Stanley, LGT Capital and other syndicate investors committed capital to a newly formed Newport-managed fund that acquired substantially all of the portfolio of the existing fund. Existing limited partners elected to either roll their interests into the new fund or receive cash in respect of their interest.
- City University London, 2007, L.P.C.
- City University London, 2006, GDL
- Manchester University, 2004, B.Soc.Sc