John Young is a London-based international counsel and member of the firm’s Funds/Investment Management Group. He advises asset managers on a wide ...
Read Full Biography
- Glendower Capital in the formation of its Secondary Opportunities Fund V, a $5.8 billion global secondary private equity fund.
- Rithm in its acquisition of Sculptor in a transaction valued at approximately $639 million.
- KKR in the formation of its KKR European Fund VI, an $8 billion fund focused on private equity investments primarily in the developed economies of Western Europe.
- All Seas Capital in the formation of All Seas Capital I, a $400 million debut pan-European private fund.
- Tristan Capital, the pan-European real estate investment manager, in its sale of a 31% interest in Tristan to Candriam, a New York Life affiliate, taking Candriam’s total stake in Tristan to 80%.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in the financing aspects of its acquisitions of Atalian and OCS to create a global facilities management platform.
- Apera Asset Management in the formation of Apera Private Debt Fund II, a €1.27 billion pan-European mid-market private debt fund.
- Carlyle in its acquisition of Abingworth, a transatlantic life sciences investment firm with over $2 billion in assets under management.
- FitzWalter Capital in the formation of FitzWalter Capital Partners I, its $920 million inaugural fund.
- Fifth Wall in the formation of its European Real Estate Technology Fund, a €140 million fund targeting investments in high-potential European startups, and potential co-investing opportunities alongside Fifth Wall’s North American Real Estate Tech funds.
- Mizuho, a leading global bank, in its acquisition of Capstone Partners, a leading middle-market placement agent.
- Canopius, a Centerbridge Partners portfolio company and a leading global specialty (re)insurer, in its $780 million loss portfolio transfer agreement with RiverStone International.
- EQT in funds and regulatory aspects of its €450 million acquisition of Life Sciences Partners, a leading European life sciences venture capital firm.
- CANDRIAM and its affiliate New York Life Investments Alternatives in their strategic partnership with Kartesia Management, a private credit manager, and the related acquisition of a minority stake in the firm.
- LGT Capital Partners in the formation of Crown Global Secondaries V, a $4.5 billion private equity secondaries fund.
- Oxford Institute of Legal Practice, 1998, L.P.C.
- City University London, 1997
- University of Oxford, 1996, M.A.