Jonathan F. Lewis is the Chair of the firm’s Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation Group and co-leads the People Solutions Group in New ...
Read Full Biography
- Bregal Sagemount in its strategic growth investment in Neptune Flood Incorporated, a leading digital insurtech platform and private flood insurance provider.
- Five Arrows, the alternative assets arm of Rothschild & Co., in its acquisition of a majority stake in n2y, a provider of comprehensive, SaaS-based solutions for students with unique learning challenges.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its acquisition, together with Greenbriar Equity Group, of Paradigm Precision and Whitcraft Group and the merger of the two companies.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice and TPG in their $4 billion take-private of Covetrus, a global animal-health technology and services company.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its acquisition of a 60% interest in Humana’s Kindred at Home Hospice and Personal Care divisions, valued at $3.4 billion.
- S&S Activewear, a leading American imprintable apparel wholesale company and Clayton, Dubilier & Rice portfolio company, in its acquisition of TSF Sportswear, a multi-line wholesaler.
- Atlas Merchant Capital in its investment in and strategic partnership with MarshBerry, a boutique investment banking and consulting firm.
- Kelso & Company in its acquisition of a majority interest in ReSource Pro, a market leader in business process solutions for the P&C insurance industry.
- White Cap, a Clayton, Dubilier & Rice portfolio company and leading North American distributor of specialty concrete and construction accessory, safety, and building products, in its acquisition of Ram Tool, a construction supply distribution company.
- Oaktree Capital Management as a lead investor in the $890 million recapitalization of Patriot National Bancorp, parent company of a nationally chartered bank, in its merger with American Challenger, an entity formed in 2020 to establish a new digital national bank.
- S&S Activewear in its acquisition of TSC Apparel, a leading national distributor of blank apparel and accessories.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its acquisition of S&S Activewear, a leading North American distributor of imprintable apparel and accessories.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its $2.9 billion acquisition of White Cap, a leading distributor of specialty concrete and construction products, and its combination of White Cap with CSG, a leading U.S. distributor of specialty concrete and masonry accessories, for a total transaction value of approximately $4 billion.
- Kelso & Company and US LBM in Bain Capital Private Equity’s acquisition of a majority interest in US LBM.
- Stone Point Capital in its acquisition of Safe-Guard.
- J.C. Flowers and AmeriLife Group in the sale of AmeriLife to Thomas H. Lee Partners.
- Prudential Financial in the formation of Prismic Life Reinsurance, a licensed Class E Bermuda-based life and annuity reinsurance company.
- Prudential Financial in the acquisition of a majority interest in Deerpath Capital Management and its associated affiliates by PGIM, the $1.2 trillion global investment management business of Prudential.
- Resolution Life in its strategic partnership with Blackstone, including a $500 million strategic investment, for its life insurance and annuity consolidation business.
- Global Atlantic, a retirement and life insurance company, in its $10 billion annuity reinsurance transaction with Equitable Financial Life Insurance Company.
- Constellation, backed by institutional investors Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec and Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board, in its acquisition of and $500 million capital contribution to Ohio National, as part of Ohio National’s demutualization process.
- Global Atlantic, a retirement and life insurance company, in its recapitalization of Drawbridge Realty’s $1.7 billion portfolio of office properties.
- Jackson and Prudential plc in the separation of Jackson through a demerger, in a transaction valued at approximately $2.5 billion and that establishes Jackson as an independent, publicly-traded company.
- Fortitude Re, a Carlyle portfolio company, in its acquisition of a $31 billion block of legacy variable annuities from Prudential Financial for a total transaction value of $2.2 billion.
- American International Group in its strategic partnership with Blackstone Group for its Life & Retirement business.
- Constellation, backed by institutional investors Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec and Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board, in its acquisition of Columbian Mutual Life Insurance Company, as part of Columbian’s demutualization process.
- MetLife in the $3.94 billion sale of its auto and home business to Zurich Insurance Group subsidiary Farmers Group.
- MassMutual in its $3.5 billion acquisition of Great American Life, a wholly owned subsidiary of American Financial Group.
- Entities managed by Blackstone in the $2.8 billion acquisition of Allstate Life Insurance Company.
- Third Point Re in its $788 million merger with Sirius Group.
- Global Atlantic, a retirement and life insurance company with $70 billion in investable assets, in its $4.4 billion sale to KKR.
- Schneider Electric, a global leader in the digital transformation of energy management and automation, in its acquisitions of EV Connect, an electric vehicle charging solutions provider, and EnergySage, an online marketplace for solar energy products and services.
- Carlyle, as majority owner of Syniverse, in Syniverse’s $2.85 billion merger, later terminated, with special purpose acquisition company M3-Brigade Acquisition II Corp. resulting in Syniverse becoming a publicly traded company.
- Schneider Electric in its acquisition of a strategic minority stake in Uplight, the technology partner of energy providers transitioning to clean energy, in a transaction valuing Uplight at approximately $1.5 billion.
- Aveva Group, a global leader in industrial software, in its $5 billion acquisition of OSIsoft.
- The Special Committee of Liberty Broadband in Liberty Broadband’s $10.59 billion acquisition of GCI Liberty.
- TPG Growth in its acquisition of a majority stake in Crowe Healthcare Consulting, establishing it as an independent entity.
- TPG in its acquisition of a majority interest in OneOncology, a network of leading oncology practices, in a transaction valued at $2.1 billion.
- Gentiva, a Clayton, Dubilier & Rice portfolio company and leading hospice, palliative, and personal care company, in its acquisition of Heartland hospice and home care.
- Gympass, a corporate wellbeing platform, in the acquisition of Trainiac, a leading one-on-one personal training fitness platform.
- Carlyle in its majority investment in TriNetX, a leading global health research network optimizing clinical research to bring new therapies to market faster.
- Allergan in its sale of Brazikumab to AstraZeneca and Zenpep to Nestle.
- TPG Growth in its takeover of the existing assets of the Abraaj Group’s $1 billion Global Healthcare Fund. The deal saw Debevoise win the Specialist Deal Legal Advisor category at the Private Equity Africa Awards.
- Pernod Ricard in its acquisition of a majority stake in Skrewball, a super-premium and fast-growing flavored whiskey.
- The Joint Committee of the Board of Directors of BGC Partners in BGC Partners’ conversion into a corporate structure.
- TransDev, a global provider of mobility services, in its acquisition of FirstTransit, an EQT Infrastructure portfolio company.
- Pernod Ricard in its acquisition of a majority stake in Código 1530 Ultra Premium and Prestige Tequila.
- Parnassus, the largest ESG-dedicated fund manager in the U.S., in its sale of a majority equity interest to AMG.
- Domtar in the $920 million sale of its personal care business to American Industrial Partners.
- Investcorp in its strategic partnership with Centre Lane Partners, a private credit manager.
- Steven Cohen and Cohen Private Ventures in the $2.4 billion acquisition of the Mets.
- Artera, a Clayton, Dubilier & Rice portfolio company and one of the nation’s largest providers of integrated infrastructure services to natural gas and electric industries, in its acquisition of Otis Eastern Service.
- George Washington University Law School, 1994, J.D.
- Harvard University, 1990, A.B.