Joseph Moodhe is a retired partner and currently is of counsel to the firm. Mr. Moodhe had been a litigation partner who focused on securities and insurance ...
Read Full Biography
Insurance Litigation & Regulatory Experience
- A major life insurance company in the investigation of retained asset accounts.
- The Phoenix Companies in arbitration and litigation arising out of the sale of various assets.
- Various insurance entities in obtaining a $140 million federal court judgment against Chilean entities that had defaulted under two credit agreements.
- Siemens’ Audit Committee in a worldwide investigation into possible corrupt payments to government officials leading to an early settlement with the U.S. and German authorities.
Bankruptcy & Commercial Litigation
- American Seafoods, one of the largest seafood companies in North America and one of the largest harvesters of fish in the world, in the successful out-of-court refinancing and restructuring of nearly $1 billion in aggregate funded debt.
- Notz, Stucki et Cie, its directors, and related entities, in litigation related to substantial investments with Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities, in obtaining dismissal of investor class action litigation purporting to assert claims for fraud and breach of common law duties relating to one of the firm's managed funds, and in adversary proceedings brought by the Trustee of the BLMIS estate in the bankruptcy proceeding.
- Delta Air Lines, as special aircraft counsel, in its Chapter 11 case in New York litigating issues relating to Section 1110 of the Bankruptcy Code, lease rejections and related aircraft motions.
- Hertz in defense of shareholder claims relating to its bid to acquire Dollar Thrifty.
- Director of Lyondell in an adversary proceeding arising out of its post-merger bankruptcy.
- An Asian shipbuilder in enforcing arbitration awards of more than $190 million.
- A major real estate investment fund in cases alleging breach of contract claims.
- Harvard Law School, 1980, J.D.
- Columbia University, 1977, B.A.