Josh Pickar is an associate in the Litigation Department.
Mr. Pickar joined Debevoise in 2017. He received his J.D. with honors as a Kirkland & Ellis ...
Read Full Biography
- Kaestner Family Trust in winning a unanimous Supreme Court victory in North Carolina Department of Revenue v. Kimberley Rice Kaestner 1992 Family Trust, involving an attempt by North Carolina to tax a nonresident trust based solely on the fact that a beneficiary of the trust, who had not yet received any distributions, lived in the State.
- Resolution Life in its sale of Lincoln Benefit Life to Global Bankers Insurance Group.
- Learning Annex in obtaining a $23 million judgment after a jury trial of quasi-contract claims in the Southern District of New York.
- Syncora Holdings, as insurer of power revenue bonds issued by PREPA, Puerto Rico’s troubled electric utility, and the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, in the ongoing highly-publicized and complex restructuring negotiations relating to PREPA’s and the Commonwealth’s extensive funded debt.
- University of Oxford, 2018, M.Sc
- University of Chicago Law School, 2017, J.D.
- George Washington University, 2014, B.A.