Julianne J. Marley is a litigation associate whose practice focuses on international dispute resolution and public international law.
Ms. Marley joined ...
Read Full Biography
- Freeport-McMoRan and Sociedad Minera Cerro Verde in an ICSID arbitration brought against the Government of Peru under the United States–Peru Free Trade Agreement, with claims in excess of US$1 billion. The dispute arises out of the Government’s assessment of royalties, taxes, penalties and interest against Sociedad Minera Cerro Verde—one of the world’s most productive copper mines.
- SMM Cerro Verde Netherlands B.V. in an ICSID arbitration brought against the Government of Peru under the Netherlands–Peru BIT. The dispute arises out of the Government’s imposition of royalties, taxes, and penalties and interest against Sociedad Minera Cerro Verde—one of the world’s most productive copper mines.
- The State of Qatar and Qatari entities and individuals in international claims arising out of the measures imposed by the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, and Egypt against Qatar, including in proceedings before the International Court of Justice against the United Arab Emirates, investment arbitrations and claims in other international tribunals.
- Claimant MAKAE Europe SARL in a billion-dollar claim against the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- A leading steel company in the Americas in a dispute arising from an acquisition and related supply agreements.
- Gramercy Funds Management and Gramercy Peru Holdings in winning a $100 million award in an UNCITRAL arbitration against the Republic of Peru relating to Peru’s agrarian reform bonds, which is the largest amount awarded against Peru in any treaty arbitration and the first decision finding Peru liable under the U.S.-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement.
- New York University School of Law, 2014, J.D.
- Boston College, 2006, B.A.