Kevin R. Grondahl is a counsel and a member of the firm’s Finance Group. His practice focuses on bank loan and high-yield bond transactions. Mr. ...
Read Full Biography
- Entities managed by Blackstone Group in the financing aspects of the $2.8 billion acquisition of Allstate Life Insurance Company.
- Kelso & Company in the financing aspects of its investment in Inmark.
- The Special Committee of Liberty Broadband in the financing aspects of Liberty Broadband’s $10.59 billion acquisition of GCI Liberty.
- Blackstone Group in the financing aspects of its acquisition of HealthEdge, a leading technology business that delivers next generation Core Administrative Processing Systems (CAPS) solutions to healthcare businesses.
- The Special Committee of the Board of Directors of Match Group, a dating company with a market value of over $30 billion, in its separation from IAC.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in the financing aspects of its $205 million acquisition of Cynosure from Hologic.
- A U.S. direct lender in its $115 million refinancing of the existing debt of a global private equity firm’s portfolio company, which is a leading manufacturer and supplier of sliding systems and healthcare ergonomics products.
- Atlas Merchant Capital in the financing aspects of its investment in Ascensus, the largest independent recordkeeping services provider, third-party administrator, and government savings facilitator in the United States.
- Tribune Media Company in the financing aspects of its $6.4 billion sale to Nexstar Media.
- Solenis, a Clayton, Dubilier & Rice portfolio company, in its combination with BASF's paper and water chemicals business.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in the financing aspects of its acquisition of a majority interest in American Greetings.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its $1.755 billion secured term loan facility, $115.0 million secured cash flow revolving credit facility, $360.0 million ABL facility and $645.0 million offering of senior unsecured notes in connection with its $2.4 billion take private of Ply Gem and acquisition of Atrium Windows & Doors, two leading building products companies.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice and HD Supply Waterworks in a $500 million offering of senior unsecured notes in connection with CD&R’s acquisition of HD Supply’s Waterworks Division, the largest distributor of waterworks products in the U.S.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its $2.5 billion acquisition of HD Supply’s Waterworks Division, the largest distributor of waterworks products in the U.S.
- The CF Corporation and The Blackstone Group in the $1.835 billion acquisition of Fidelity & Guaranty Life.
- Elliott Management in its $540 million redeemable preferred stock investment in Roadrunner Transportation Systems, a leading asset-right transportation and asset-light logistics service provider.
- Kelso & Company in its investment in Premia Holdings, a newly-formed property and casualty insurance and reinsurance group focused on providing runoff solutions.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice and Temasek Holdings (Private) Limited as selling shareholders and Univar in the $315.6 million secondary offering of common stock of Univar.
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board in its investment in convertible preferred equity securities of an affiliate of Advanced Disposal Services.
- Reynolds Group Holdings in the issuance of $2.1 billion senior secured fixed and floating rate notes and $800 million senior notes.
- Univar in its $885 million initial public offering and concurrent private placement of $350 million of shares to Temasek and the additional purchase of 5 million shares of Univar common stock from selling stockholders by Temasek.
- Munich Re in establishing its Eden Re II reinsurance sidecar program and the first offering under the program.
- JPMorgan Asset Management in a joint venture development and sale with Hines Holdings of an office building located at 7 Bryant Park in New York City.
- Washington University in St. Louis School of Law, 2009, J.D.
- Tulane University, 2006, B.A.