Laura E. O’Neill is a litigation associate and member of the White Collar & Regulatory Defense Group. Her practice focuses on white collar criminal ...
Read Full Biography
- The former CEO of a Fortune 20 financial institution in a hearing before the House Financial Services Committee and related document requests.
- Pacific Investment Management Company in a settlement with the SEC relating to the launch of an exchange traded fund.
- A hedge fund manager in an SEC investigation related to the valuation of structured products.
- Kaestner Family Trust in winning a unanimous Supreme Court victory in North Carolina Department of Revenue v. Kimberley Rice Kaestner 1992 Family Trust, involving an attempt by North Carolina to tax a nonresident trust based solely on the fact that a beneficiary of the trust, who had not yet received any distributions, lived in the State.
- Keppel Offshore & Marine in an internal investigation and coordinated resolutions with the U.S., Brazilian and Singaporean criminal authorities in relation to corrupt payments to Petrobras and other Brazilian officials.
- The former U.S. Deputy Attorney General and Acting Attorney General in Congressional investigations related to Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.
- Twitter in Department of Justice and Congressional investigations into Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.
- Jury trial in an SEC insider trading enforcement action involving application of the Second Circuit’s Newman decision to a remote tippee.
- Columbia Law School, 2014, J.D.
- University of Toronto, 2009, B.A. (Hons)