Laura E. O’Neill is a litigation associate and member of the White Collar & Regulatory Defense Group. Her practice focuses on white collar criminal ...
Read Full Biography
- Kaestner Family Trust in winning a unanimous Supreme Court victory in North Carolina Department of Revenue v. Kimberley Rice Kaestner 1992 Family Trust, involving an attempt by North Carolina to tax a nonresident trust based solely on the fact that a beneficiary of the trust, who had not yet received any distributions, lived in the State.
- Keppel Offshore & Marine in an internal investigation and coordinated resolutions with the U.S., Brazilian and Singaporean criminal authorities in relation to corrupt payments to Petrobras and other Brazilian officials.
- The former U.S. Deputy Attorney General and Acting Attorney General in Congressional investigations related to Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.
- Twitter in Department of Justice and Congressional investigations into Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election.
- Jury trial in an SEC insider trading enforcement action involving application of the Second Circuit’s Newman decision to a remote tippee.
- A former senior financial executive of Lumber Liquidators in securities class action, shareholder derivative litigation, and government investigations arising from reports of tainted flooring products.
- Columbia Law School, 2014, J.D.
- University of Toronto, 2009, B.A. (Hons)