Laura Sinisterra is a member of the firm’s International Dispute Resolution Group and is based in New York. Her practice focuses on international ...
Read Full Biography
- An international mining company in a potential dispute against a Latin American state under the terms of a Free Trade Agreement, worth over $900 million. The dispute arises out of litigations before local courts regarding royalty payments.
- A North American investment company in a dispute against the Republic of Peru under the terms of a Free Trade Agreement, worth over $590 million.
- Perenco Ecuador in an ICSID arbitration against Ecuador, winning a record-breaking award worth $435 million — the largest award issued against Ecuador in connection with Law 42. The arbitration was commenced as a result of the Republic of Ecuador’s unilateral increase of its participation to 99% of all revenues from oil sales above a fixed “reference price” and its declaration that Perenco’s contracts had come to an end.
- An engineering and commissioning contractor in an AUS$2 billion ICC Singapore arbitration concerning the disputed termination of an EPC subcontract to build a captive Combined Cycle power station on an LNG facility.
- The Republic of Iraq in defending claims brought by Agility Warehousing Company relating to a telecommunications investment, substantially prevailing on dispositive jurisdictional objections and recovering almost 90% of claimed costs.
- The Republic of Iraq in defending ICSID claims under the OIC Agreement arising out of the telecommunications sector.
- Harvard Law School, 2014, Master of Laws
- Universidad de Los Andes, 2008, Law Degree