Leah Martin is an associate in the Litigation Department and a member of the Antitrust Group.
Ms. Martin focuses her practice on antitrust and competition ...
Read Full Biography
- A school in the DOJ’s investigation of eight D.C.-area private high schoools’ decisions to stop offering Advanced Placement courses by 2022, which the DOJ closed without bringing an enforcement action, seeking a consent decree, or obtaining an admission of wrongdoing.
- Toyota in In re Rail Freight Fuel Surcharge Antitrust Litigation (No. II)
- An electronics manufacturer in In re Optical Disk Drive Products Antitrust Litigation, obtaining a summary judgment victory that extinguished multi-billion dollar treble damages claims.
- A pharmaceutical manufacturer against claims of market monopolization through their use of exclusive agreements with API suppliers of an injectable drug.
- A generic pharmaceutical manufacturer in In re Generic Pharmaceuticals Pricing Antitrust Litigation.
Merger Clearance and Litigation
- Peabody Energy Corp., a leading coal producer, in the FTC’s challenge to its joint venture with Arch Resources, Inc.
- The Great American Outdoors Group, the parent company of Bass Pro Shops and Cabela’s, in advocacy to the FTC related to its acquisition of Sportsman’s Warehouse.
- Artera, a Clayton, Dubilier & Rice portfolio company and one of the nation’s largest providers of integrated infrastructure services to natural gas and electric industries, in its acquisition of Feeney Utility Services Group.
- Domtar in the $920 million sale of its personal care business to American Industrial Partners.
- Verizon in its $6.25 billion acquisition of Tracfone, the largest reseller of wireless services in the U.S.
- Gogo in the $400 million sale of its commercial aviation business to Intelsat.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its $2.9 billion acquisition of White Cap, a leading distributor of specialty concrete and construction products, and its combination of White Cap with CSG, a leading U.S. distributor of specialty concrete and masonry accessories, for a total transaction value of approximately $4 billion.
- PowerTeam Services, a Clayton, Dubilier & Rice portfolio company, in its purchase of Miller Pipeline and Minnesota Limited for $850 million in cash.
- Nonparty former Sabre Corporation executives in litigation brought by the DOJ to block Sabre’s planned $360 million acquisition of Farelogix, Inc.
- Prudential Financial in its $2.35 billion acquisition of Assurance IQ.
- Perform in its combination with STATS, creating the world’s leading sports AI and data company.
- Sysco in the FTC’s challenge to its $8 billion merger with food distribution rival US Foods.
- ACME Markets, a division of Albertsons Companies, Inc., in advocacy to the FTC related to its acquisition of 27 Kings Food Markets and Balducci’s Food Lover’s Market stores from KB U.S. Holdings.
- A private high school in the DOJ’s investigation of D.C.-area private high schools’ decisions to stop offering Advanced Placement courses, which the DOJ closed without bringing an enforcement action or obtaining an admission of wrongdoing.
- A company in the DOJ’s criminal price-fixing investigation into industrial metal coatings, which the DOJ closed without filing charges.
- Various clients in confidential FTC and DOJ Antitrust investigations.
- Various clients, acting as antitrust counsel on industry-specific issues including compliance with interlocking directorate regulations, competitor collaborations, and other contractual arrangements, as well as corporate antitrust compliance investigations and programs.
- New York University, 2014, J.D.
- Columbia University, 2009, B.A.