Liam Spender is a litigation associate whose practice focuses on high-value, complex and multi-jurisdictional commercial litigation. He is a member of ...
Read Full Biography
- NLMK in its successful defence in the English High Court against an application to enforce a Russian arbitral award that had been set aside by the Russian courts.
- Ernst & Young as joint administrators of Nortel Networks (UK) and various other Nortel EMEA companies in all litigious aspects of the worldwide Nortel insolvency, including claims against the Canadian and U.S. Nortel entities in respect of the ownership of $7.5 billion business sale and proceeds. The matter saw Debevoise was named Litigation Team of the Year at the Transatlantic Legal Awards, as well as being named the Grand Prize Winner in the disputes category of the Global Legal Awards, both schemes run by The American Lawyer.
- BAT Industries in proceedings arising from the $1 billion clean-up of the Fox River in the U.S., including proceedings brought by BAT in the High Court against Appvion and Windward Prospects (certain companies which used to form part of the BAT Group) and proceedings seeking to ensure the recovery of around $800 million in dividends paid by Windward to a company called Sequana.
- BPP Law School, 2010, L.P.C.
- Staffordshire University School of Law, 2008, GDL
- University of Oxford, 2004, B.A.