Mark Johnson is a partner in the firm’s Hong Kong office and a member of the International Dispute Resolution Group. His practice focuses on commercial ...
Read Full Biography
- A number of global investment banks, retail banks, brokers, hedge funds and their executives in investigations by the Securities and Futures Commission and the Hong Kong Monetary Authority including in relation to sponsorship roles, mis-selling, insider trading, market manipulation and internal controls’ failures.
- A number of high net worth families or individuals in family disputes or trust/estate issues in Hong Kong.
- A number of international banks in the defence of mis-selling claims brought against them in the High Court of Hong Kong.
- General and Limited Partners in disputes or investigations in relation to private equity funds.
- Numerous corporates and individuals in shareholder or joint venture disputes in Hong Kong and the People’s Republic of China.
- A number of Hong Kong publicly-listed companies or their Independent Boards in investigations by the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, the Securities and Futures Commission, the Independent Commission Against Corruption and other Hong Kong enforcement agencies, as well as in relation to the conduct of internal investigations.
- A number of multinationals and global financial institutions in investigations across Asia, including in the People’s Republic of China, Macau, Taiwan, South Korea, Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, Thailand and the Philippines.
- The Hong Kong Independent Commission Against Corruption and the then Attorney General’s Chambers in the investigation and subsequent prosecution of Charles Warwick Reid (head of the Commercial Crime Unit) and the private sector lawyers alleged to have paid bribes to him.
- The Listing Division of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange in a number of investigations and subsequent disciplinary proceedings concerning various breaches of the Listing Rules as well as the Listing Committee of the Hong Kong Stock Exchange in relation to procedural and other issues arising from reviews of Listing Division decisions under the Listing Rules.
- University of Bristol, 1983, Bachelor of Laws