Maxim Kuleshov is an international counsel based in the Moscow office. His practice focuses on public and private mergers & acquisitions, capital ...
Read Full Biography
- N-Mining in its sale of a 100% stake in a gold exploration company Third Mining Exploration Company to Kinross Gold Corporation for a fixed cash and share consideration of $283 million and additional consideration in the form of a 1.5% net smelter return (NSR) and contingent consideration linked to future gold reserve additions.
- Sberbank of Russia subsidiary in its acquisition from International Centre JSC of an office and retail complex, including underground parking space, with a total area of over 300,000 square metres located at the crossing of Kutuzovsky Avenue and Kulneva street, opposite Moscow International Business Center (Moscow-City). The complex comprises three buildings on two land plots and will be used for the purpose of developing a new headquarters for Sberbank (“Sberbank City”). Debevoise provided overall legal support for the transaction at all stages, including due diligence of the relevant entities, buildings, land plots and other assets of the complex, transaction structuring, drafting and negotiating transaction documents and legal support of transaction closing.
- MegaFon in its joint venture with SLV Group to merge the Svyaznoy and Euroset retail chains. The combined company operates the largest technology retail chain in the world by number of stores.
- PJSC Polyus in a public offering of shares and depositary receipts pursuant to Regulation S/Rule 144A and listing of depositary receipts on the LSE.
- Polyus Gold International in its sale of a minority stake in PJSC Polyus to Russian Direct Investment Fund.
- Polyus Gold International in its sale of up to a $1.4 billion stake in PJSC Polyus to Fosun International.
- NLMK in its $700 million Eurobond offering of 4.5% loan participation notes due 2023, and a related tender offer for its outstanding notes due 2018 and 2019 for the aggregate principal amount of $571 million.
- Russia China Investment Fund in its investment in TutorGroup.
- Shareholders of the International Center for Financial and Economic Development (MCFER) in the buyout of Wolters Kluwer’s stake in a joint publishing business in Russia and other CIS countries, followed by the sale of the consolidated business of MCFER to a major Russian publishing house (including advice on a pre-sale repatriation of the Russian business from foreign jurisdictions back to Russia).
- Norilsk Nickel in its $1 billion Eurobond offering of 6.625% notes due 2022.
- Freight One in the acquisition of a rail transport operator from Severstal.
- The Special Committee of the Board of Directors of Mobile TeleSystems in the RUB 5.09 billion acquisition by Mobile TeleSystems of a 25.095% stake in MTS Bank.
- Interros in an agreement with Millhouse and UC RUSAL on settlement of the shareholders’ conflict, corporate governance and sale of shares in MMC Norilsk Nickel.
- Inter RAO in the sale of its 26.43% share in Enel OGK-5 to a consortium of investors consisting of Xenon Capital Partners’ Rusenergo Fund, the Russian Direct Investment Fund, AGC Equity Partners and the Macquarie Renaissance Infrastructure Fund.
- Russian Trading System Stock Exchange in its $1.1 billion merger with MICEX Group.
- Uralkali in its $8.1 billion merger with Silvinit.
- Inter RAO UES in consolidating its assets (combined value in excess of $12.9 billion) through a series of M&A transactions and closed subscription for shares in Inter RAO UES.
- The majority shareholder in its sale of OJSC Oilpump Service to Baker Hughes.
- Novatek Equity (Cyprus) Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of Novatek, in its $600 million open market purchase program in respect of the common shares and global depositary receipts of Novatek.
- JSC RusHydro in its listing on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange.
- NLMK in the $609 million secondary offering by its controlling shareholder of shares and global depositary shares, and the admission of the company to the Official List and to trading on the London Stock Exchange.
- Moscow State University, Faculty of Law, 2005, Law Degree