Melanie Burke is an associate in the Litigation Group. Her practice focuses on a wide range of complex commercial litigation, including contract disputes ...
Read Full Biography
- Tether, Bitfinex and related entities in a putative class action relating to the sufficiency of reserves for Tether tokens.
- Tether, Bitfinex and related entities in a putative class action asserting Commodities Exchange Act, antitrust and fraud claims based on alleged manipulation of the price of cryptocommodities.
- Hypersphere Capital Management, investment manager of a Polkadot-focused cryptocurrency fund, and related entities in litigation with an investor regarding the payment of incentive compensation.
- A real estate company in a putative securities class action in the Northern District of California, an M&A-related dispute in the New York Supreme Court Commercial Division, and a books and records demand under Delaware law.
- A sovereign wealth fund concerning their investment in a major pharmaceutical company facing mass tort litigation in the United States.
- HCA Healthcare in its $1.5 billion acquisition of Mission Health, a nonprofit North Carolina health system.
- The D. E. Shaw Group and Madison Dearborn Partners in their $327 million litigation win against TerraForm for breach of contract arising from the plaintiffs’ sale of First Wind Holdings, LLC to TerraForm and SunEdison Inc.
- Fordham University School of Law, 2013, J.D.
- Vanderbilt University, 2007, B.A.