Melody D. Godbolt is a corporate associate and a member of the firm’s Intellectual Property and Technology Transactions and Mergers and Acquisitions ...
Read Full Biography
- Resolution Life in its strategic partnership with Blackstone, including a $500 million strategic investment, for its life insurance and annuity consolidation business.
- Kelso & Company and its portfolio company, Eagle Family Foods Group, in their acquisition of General Mills’ Helper main meals and Suddenly Salad side dishes businesses, in a transaction valued at approximately $610 million.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice and TPG Capital in their acquisition of Covetrus, a global animal-health technology and services company, for a total enterprise value of approximately $4 billion.
- Carlyle in its acquisition of Abingworth, a transatlantic life sciences investment firm with over $2 billion in assets under management.
- Discovery, Inc. in the offering of $30 billion of senior unsecured notes in the acquisition of WarnerMedia.
- Carlyle in its strategic partnership with Orsini, an independent specialty pharmacy focused on rare diseases, gene therapies and complex conditions.
- Electrical Components International, a Cerberus Capital Management portfolio company and leading wire harness, electrical components, and sub-assembly supplier for the diversified industrial markets, in its acquisition of Omni Connection International.
- Morgan Stanley Capital Partners in its acquisition of Sila, a heating and air company that offers HVAC, plumbing, indoor air quality, and home automation systems in the Northeastern and Mid-Atlantic United States.
- Stone Point Capital in its investment in the combination of Consilio and Xact Data Discovery.
- Carlyle in its $2.6 billion sale of MedRisk to CVC Capital Partners.
- GoDaddy in its acquisition of the .design domain extension.
- GoDaddy in its acquisition of the .club domain extension.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its acquisition of S&S Activewear, a leading North American distributor of imprintable apparel and accessories.
- GoDaddy in its acquisitions of the .club and .design domain extensions, as well as 28 domain extensions (and certain other business assets) owned and operated by Minds + Machines Group Limited (MMX).
- Ambac Financial Group, a financial services holding company, in its acquisition of Xchange Benefits and Xchange Affinity Underwriting Agency, property and casualty managing general underwriters.
- Stone Point Capital in its investment in Lone Wolf Technologies, the North American leader in residential real estate software.
- Carlyle in its majority investment in TriNetX, a leading global health research network optimizing clinical research to bring new therapies to market faster.
- Carlyle in its $175 million investment in Grand Rounds, a leader in healthcare quality and clinical navigation.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its $4.7 billion acquisition of Epicor Software, a global provider of cloud-based, industry-specific Enterprise Resource Planning software to industrial-focused sectors.
- Third Point Re in its $788 million merger with Sirius Group.
- Aveva Group, a global leader in industrial software, in its $5 billion acquisition of OSIsoft.
- Schneider Electric in its acquisition of an 80% controlling stake in Operation Technology / ETAP Automation, the leading software platform for electrical power systems modeling and simulation.
- GoDaddy in its acquisition of Neustar’s Registry business, a registry technology platform that includes an extensive portfolio of top-level domains.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its proposed $4 billion take private acquisition of Anixter International, a NYSE-listed company. (Terminated)
- One Rock Capital Partners in the financing aspects of its acquisition of the Engineered Components and Systems segment of Actuant Corporation.
- Morgan Stanley Capital Partners in the financing aspects of its acquisition of Impact Fitness, a franchisee of Planet Fitness and formerly a Bain Capital portfolio company.
- Howard University School of Law, 2018, J.D.
- Howard University, 2011, B.A.