Naomi Aoyama is based in Debevoise’s Tokyo office, and is a member of the firm’s Corporate Department. Her practice focuses on international ...
Read Full Biography
- Toyota Motor Corporation in its $394 million investment in Joby Aviation, an aerospace company that is developing and commercializing all-electric vertical takeoff and landing aircraft to enable the deployment of fast, quiet and affordable air taxi services.
- Toyota Motor Corporation in its joint investment, with DENSO Corporation and SoftBank Vision Fund, in Uber’s Advanced Technologies Group.
- American International Group in its sale of its Japan life insurance business to FWD.
- Mitsui in the sale of Transfreight North America, a wholly-owned subsidiary that provides logistics services primarily to automotive manufacturers, to U.S.-based Penske Logistics.
- Mitsui in its acquisition of a 20% limited partnership interest in Penske Truck Leasing Co., L.P., a full service truck leasing, truck rental and logistics business that mainly operates in the U.S., from General Electric Capital Corporation.
- Protective Life in its $5.7 billion merger with a subsidiary of Dai-ichi Life, a life insurance company listed on the Tokyo stock exchange.
- American Airlines in its agreements with Bombardier and Embraer to purchase, in aggregate, 90 new 76-seat regional jets with options to purchase up to 130 more.
- Mitsui in establishing a significant joint venture with Celanese to manufacture methanol at Celanese’s plant in Clear Lake, Texas.
- Mitsui in its joint venture with The Dow Chemical Company to produce biopolymers made from renewable, sugarcane-derived ethanol in Brazil.
- Mitsui in its joint venture with Dow Chemical to construct, own and operate a membrane chlor-alkali facility in Freeport, Texas.
- Sithe Global Power in a strategic partnership with subsidiaries of Chubu Electric Power and Toyota Tsusho including the sale of an aggregate 50% interest in Goreway station, an 875MW combined cycle power generating facility in 2009, followed by the sale of its remaining interest in the plant to its strategic partners.
- Mitsui in investments and divestitures with respect to various water and wastewater treatment facilities.
- University of Chicago Law School, 1999, LL.M.
- University of Tokyo, 1991, LL.B.