Paul Eastham is an English-qualified associate in the firm’s Tax Department and is based in the London office.
He is a general corporate and transactional ...
Read Full Biography
- American International Group in its strategic partnership with Blackstone Group for its Life & Retirement business.
- Park Square Capital in the formation of Park Square Capital Partners IV, a €2.2 billion subordinated debt fund.
- Top Tier Capital Partners in the formation of Top Tier European Venture Capital Fund SCSp, a €260 million European venture capital fund of funds.
- Ozon in its $750 million offering of 1.875% senior bonds due 2026 convertible into American depositary shares representing ordinary shares of Ozon.
- Compre in its reinsurance to close of Syndicate 3330’s 2018 year of account, and the purchase of AXA DBIO II’s Corporate Member.
- Compre in the launch of its Lloyd’s legacy syndicate 1994, and its strategic partnership with Apollo to manage syndicate 1994, and to work with Compre to build its Lloyd’s legacy platform.
- Compre in its reinsurance to close transaction of Apollo syndicate 1969’s 2017 and prior years of account.
- Metric Capital Partners in the formation of MCP Private Capital Fund IV, a €1.2 billion European special opportunities fund.
- GreyCastle in its sale to Monument Re, advising on the complex offshore UK / Bermuda life insurance structure. Debevoise also advised on the original establishment of GreyCastle.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in the financing and tax aspects of its £400 million acquisition of Huntsworth.
- HarbourVest Partners as lead investor in the GP-led restructuring of Bridgepoint Capital’s €4.8 billion crisis-era fund, Bridgepoint Europe IV.
- Glendower Capital in the formation of Glendower Capital Secondary Opportunities Fund IV, a $2.7 billion global secondary private equity fund.
- FWD in its acquisition of MetLife Hong Kong.
- AmTrust Financial Services in the sale of its domestic and international surety and credit reinsurance operations to Liberty Mutual.
- DBAY Advisors in the formation of DouglasBay Capital III Fund, a European fund making investments in small and micro-cap listed companies.
- Apera Asset Management in the formation of its €750 million private debt platform, focussing on senior secured loans to lower mid-market businesses in German-speaking Europe, France, Benelux, the UK and Northern Europe.
- AmTrust Financial Services in the merging of its Lloyd’s business with Canopius. The transaction will create a top-five insurer at Lloyd’s with combined premiums of approximately $2.2 billion.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its acquisition of a controlling interest in Westbury Street, a leading independent contract caterer and hospitality services provider in the UK.
- OEConnection, a Providence Private Equity portfolio company, in its acquisition of Bluegrasscoms.
- Canson in the formation of its $100 million co-investment fund, which will co-invest in the acquisition of a majority stake in the Financial and Risk division of Thomson Reuters.
- Atkore in its acquisition of Flexicon.
- Adveq in its sale to Schroders.
- Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec in its investment in Datamars.
- American International Group in several transactions with Fairfax Financial, a leading global property and casualty insurer and reinsurer, as part of a strategic partnership in 12 jurisdictions across Latin America and Central and Eastern Europe.
- AmTrust Financial Services in its $219 million acquisition of ANV Holding, a Lloyd's platform.
- AltaOne Capital in its acquisition, with Silver Lake, of a 37.6% interest in Cegid Group, valuing the company at €580 million.
- College of Law, London, 2013, L.P.C.
- University of Oxford, 2011, B.A. (Hons)