Rafael Thor is a corporate associate and a member of the firm’s Mergers & Acquisitions Group.
Mr. Thor joined Debevoise in 2015. From 2010 to ...
Read Full Biography
- The Carlyle Group in its investment in American Express Global Business Travel.
- Brookfield Business Partners and its institutional partners in their acquisition of Ouro Verde, a leading Brazilian fleet management company.
- J.P. Morgan Securities, as financial advisor to Allergan, in its sale to AbbVie for $63 billion in cash and stock.
- The Carlyle Group in its strategic minority investment in Grupo Madero, the largest casual dining and fast-casual restaurant chain in Brazil.
- The parent of SouthWest Water Company (SWWC), a water and wastewater utility operating in Alabama, California, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina and Texas, in the sale of a 25% indirect managed stake in SWWC to an affiliate of Munich Re and ERGO.
- Prumo Logística in a joint venture with BP to build and operate a gas-powered thermoelectric power plant in the port of Açu, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.
- Four Italian private equity firms in the sale of Dynamic Technologies, a global designer and manufacturer of automotive fluid-handling systems and precision aluminum parts.
- Brookfield Business Partners and Brookfield Asset Management in their proposed acquisition for $768 million of a 70% controlling stake in the business of Odebrecht Ambiental, Brazil’s largest private water distribution, collection and treatment company.
- Capital Group in a significant equity investment in Koba International, which owns and operates the D1 brand of hard-discount retail stores in Colombia.
- Capital Group in its 457 million reais ($142 million) investment in BK Brasil Operação e Assessoria a Restaurantes, which operates the Burger King.
- GP Investments in a joint venture with a subsidiary of the Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (ADIA) to finance the acquisition, through a tender offer in Brazil, of a controlling stake in BR Properties S.A., a Brazilian real estate company.
- Ambev S.A. in a tender offer to acquire a controlling stake in Banks Holdings Limited, a leading Caribbean brewery headquartered in St. Michael, Barbados.
- A leading Brazilian mining company in its research projects and supply agreements.
- University of Chicago Law School, 2015, LL.M.
- Universidade Estadual do Rio de Janeiro, 2010, LL.B.