Ralph Sellar is an English and Hong Kong qualified member of the firm’s International Dispute Resolution Group based in the Hong Kong office. Mr. ...
Read Full Biography
Banking Litigation and Advisory
- A leading Russian steel producer on the interpretation of provisions in loan documentation and security arrangements.
- Credit Suisse Securities in Basma Al Sulaiman v (i) Credit Suisse Securities (Europe) Limited; and (ii) Plurimi Capital LLP  EWHC 400 (Comm).
- A global investment bank in its contingent liabilities under a hedging agreement.
- A global investment bank in a dispute relating to the forced sale of an asset under a commercial participation agreement.
- The wholesale division of a large UK bank in claims arising out of an alleged fraudulent asset stripping scheme.
- Various clients in money claims related to the Lehman Brothers administration.
- A large UK Bank in a portfolio of claims relating to misselling of swaps and fixed term loans.
- A premier U.S. investment bank in the settlement of a dispute with a European municipal government concerning the sale of interest rate swaps.
- A Brazilian commodities giant on a contentious matter relating to forfeiting agreements.
Financial Services Regulatory Investigations
- A sponsor in enquiries by the Stock Exchange relating to compliance with the Code of Conduct for Sponsors.
- The directors of a Hong Kong listed company in enquiries by the Stock Exchange regarding the suitability of the directors to remain as officers of the company.
- A large UK bank in the FCA past business review of the sale of interest rate hedging products.
- UBS in the FSA investigation into $2 billion "rogue trader" incident.
- Various clients in CFTC, SEC and FCA investigations into LIBOR manipulation.
- A global bank in a SEC investigation into the sale of collateralised debt obligations.
- Secondments to UBS and Lloyds Banking Group.
- BPP Law School, 2008, L.P.C.
- BPP Law School, 2007, GDL
- University College London, 2006, B.A. (Hons)