Ralph Sellar is an international counsel and English and Hong Kong qualified member of the firm’s International Dispute Resolution Group based in ...
Read Full Biography
Banking Litigation and Advisory
- A leading Russian steel producer on the interpretation of provisions in loan documentation and security arrangements.
- Credit Suisse Securities in Basma Al Sulaiman v (i) Credit Suisse Securities (Europe) Limited; and (ii) Plurimi Capital LLP  EWHC 400 (Comm).
- A global investment bank in its contingent liabilities under a hedging agreement.
- A global investment bank in a dispute relating to the forced sale of an asset under a commercial participation agreement.
- The wholesale division of a large UK bank in claims arising out of an alleged fraudulent asset stripping scheme.
- Various clients in money claims related to the Lehman Brothers administration.
- A large UK Bank in a portfolio of claims relating to misselling of swaps and fixed term loans.
- A premier U.S. investment bank in the settlement of a dispute with a European municipal government concerning the sale of interest rate swaps.
- A Brazilian commodities giant on a contentious matter relating to forfeiting agreements.
Financial Services Regulatory Investigations
- A sponsor in enquiries by the Stock Exchange relating to compliance with the Code of Conduct for Sponsors.
- The directors of a Hong Kong listed company in enquiries by the Stock Exchange regarding the suitability of the directors to remain as officers of the company.
- A large UK bank in the FCA past business review of the sale of interest rate hedging products.
- UBS in the FSA investigation into $2 billion "rogue trader" incident.
- Various clients in CFTC, SEC and FCA investigations into LIBOR manipulation.
- A global bank in a SEC investigation into the sale of collateralised debt obligations.
- Secondments to UBS and Lloyds Banking Group.
- BPP Law School, 2008, L.P.C.
- BPP Law School, 2007, GDL
- University College London, 2006, B.A. (Hons)