Rebecca Sayles is a corporate associate and a member of the firm’s Financial Institutions Group. She is a contributing author of the Insurance and ...
Read Full Biography
- Prudential plc and Jackson National in the reinsurance to Athene of $27.6 billion of Jackson’s in-force fixed and fixed index annuities and a $500 million equity investment in Jackson’s holding company.
- AXA Equitable Holdings in its agreement to sell U.S. Financial Life Insurance Company & MONY Life Insurance Company of the Americas.
- New York Life in its $6.3 billion acquisition of Cigna’s Group Life and Disability Insurance business.
- The Carlyle Group in its $1.8 billion acquisition, with T&D Holdings, of a majority interest in Fortitude Re.
- Jackson National Life Insurance in its agreements to reinsure John Hancock Life Insurance’s Group Payout Annuity business.
- AXA and AXA Equitable Holdings on the initial public offering of AXA Equitable Holdings on the New York Stock Exchange for approximately $4 billion, and AXA Equitable Holdings in its offering and sale of $3.8 billion of senior notes.
- Prosperity Life Insurance in its sale to an investor group led by Elliott Management.
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board in its $1.1 billion acquisition of Ascot from American International Group.
- Prudential Insurance Company of America in the sale of a group annuity to JCPenney to reduce JCPenney’s pension liabilities.
- The Prudential Insurance Company of America in the sale of a group annuity contract to the U.S. subsidiary of Royal Philips as part of an overall transaction that will reduce Philips’ pension liabilities by $1.1 billion.
- Protective Life in its acquisition by reinsurance of certain in-force blocks of term life insurance from Genworth Life and Annuity Insurance Company.
- American International Group in the sale of its Taiwan consumer and SME businesses to Nan Shan Life Insurance in Taiwan.
- Morgan Stanley, as financial advisor to Endurance Specialty Holdings Ltd., in its $1.83 billion acquisition of Montpelier Re Holdings Ltd.
- EIG in the formation of Harbour Energy, a joint venture with Noble Group Limited to form a company focused on owning and operating upstream and midstream energy assets globally.
- St. John's University School of Law, 2013, J.D.
- Stony Brook University, 2010, B.S.