Richard A. Grossmann is a counsel and a member of the firm’s Real Estate Group. Mr. Grossmann’s practice focuses on real estate acquisitions, ...
Read Full Biography
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board in the sale of a 45% interest in 7 multi-family buildings in California to its joint venture partner, Essex Property Trust.
- JPMorgan Asset Management in its sale of Edgewater, a 286-unit Class A luxury high rise apartment community at 2323 Race Street in Center City Philadelphia, PA, to FCP.
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board in its sale of a multi-family housing development known as Mosso, located in San Francisco, CA, to Brookfield Properties.
- JPMorgan Asset Management in its joint venture acquisition and financing of Washington Place, a mixed-use development project located in Newton, MA.
- The We Company’s investment platform, ARK, in its acquisition and financing of an office building located at 600 California Street in San Francisco, CA.
- JPMorgan Asset Management in its sale of 195 Broadway, a 1.1 million-square-foot office building located in the Financial District of Manhattan to iStar’s Safehold REIT.
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board in its formation of a joint venture with WPT Industrial REIT and AIMCo to aggregate a portfolio of industrial properties in the U.S.
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board in its formation of a programmatic joint venture with GIC, Singapore’s sovereign wealth fund, and Cortland Partners to own and operate multi-family real estate assets throughout the U.S.
- JPMorgan Asset Management in its sale of a mixed-use, multi-family project known as The Brownstones in Englewood, NJ.
- JPMorgan Asset Management in its joint venture acquisition and financing of Ink Block, a mixed-used project on the site of the old Boston Herald headquarters in Boston, MA.
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board in the formation of a joint venture with JBG SMITH to develop and own 1900 N Street, an office building located in the Dupont Circle area of Washington, D.C.
- JPMorgan Asset Management, as advisor to a large domestic pension fund, in establishing a programmatic general partnership joint venture with L&L Holding to invest in New York City real estate. (Terminated)
- Westfield in its $1.1 billion divestiture of five shopping centers in the U.S. to an investor group led by Centennial Real Estate Company of Dallas, TX.
- Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law, 2013, J.D.
- Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University, 2013, M.B.A.
- Yale University, 2006, M.Phil.
- University of Oxford, 2001, M.S.T.
- Yale University, 2001, B.A.