Risa B. Gordon is a corporate associate and a member of the firm’s Financial Institutions Group. Previously, Ms. Gordon was a member of the firm’s ...
Read Full Biography
- Assurant in the $1.3 billion sale of its Global Preneed business to CUNA Mutual Group.
- MetLife in the $3.94 billion sale of its auto and home business to Zurich Insurance Group subsidiary Farmers Group.
- Global Atlantic, a retirement and life insurance company with $70 billion in investable assets, in its $4.4 billion sale to KKR.
- Covéa Group in its $9 billion acquisition of PartnerRe. (Terminated)
- Blackstone Group in its $2.7 billion sale of F&G to Fidelity National Financial.
- Alaska National Insurance Company in its acquisition by Copperpoint Insurance Companies.
- The Carlyle Group in its strategic partnership with AIG to position DSA Re as a platform to provide solutions for insurance liabilities globally.
- Arias Holdings and 2-10 Holdco in the sale of home warranty company 2-10 Holdco to Genstar Capital.
- Risk Strategies, a Kelso & Company portfolio company, in its acquisition of Oxford Risk Management, an established leader in alternative risk and captive insurance and consulting.
- Syncora Holdings in a reinsurance agreement with Assured Guaranty to reinsure approximately $13.5 billion of financial guaranty policies, representing 91% of Syncora's outstanding insured exposures.
- Paraline Group and ICAT in the sale of ICAT to the Schinnerer Group, a subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies.
- The CF Corporation and The Blackstone Group in the $1.835 billion acquisition of Fidelity & Guaranty Life.
- Guardian Life in the acquisition by its subsidiary, Reed Group, of the absence management administration business of Aon Hewitt.
- Protective Life in its acquisition by reinsurance of certain in-force blocks of term life insurance from Genworth Life and Annuity Insurance Company.
- TIAA in its offering of $1.65 billion of 4.900% surplus notes due 2044 and $350 million of 4.375% fixed-to-floating rate surplus notes due 2054. The surplus notes financed in part TIAA’s acquisition of Nuveen Investments.
- American International Group in the preparation of a Resolution Plan under section 165 of the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act.
- Prudential Financial in its $3 billion privately placed XXX financing.
- University of Pennsylvania Law School, 2012, J.D.
- Rice University, 2007, B.A.