Robert Hoose is an international counsel in the firm’s London office. His practice focuses on international commercial arbitration and commercial ...
Read Full Biography
Power / Energy / Oil & Gas
- An engineering and commissioning contractor in a multibillion dollar ICC arbitration seated in Singapore concerning the disputed termination of an EPC subcontract to build and commission a combined-cycle power plant at an Australian LNG facility.
- A construction company in its ICC arbitration with a major oil company over delays and additional costs in a project for the construction of an FPSO platform.
- A subsidiary of Hess Corporation in an English High Court dispute with a contractor over the construction of two offshore wellhead platforms.
- The owner and operator of a shipyard in its $1 billion dispute with a project finance vehicle formed by a consortium of a national oil company, commercial and development banks and other financial institutions, over the construction of drillships for use in deep water oil operations.
- A European utility in a €5 billion ICC arbitration, a complex technical dispute about the delayed construction of a nuclear power plant under an amended FIDIC Silver Book contract.
- An oil and gas company in a $70 million series of three LCIA arbitrations relating to the termination of operation and maintenance agreements.
- The commissioner of an FPSO in a SIAC arbitration against a contractor and operator concerning alleged additional fit-out costs, hook-up delays and construction cost overruns.
- A rail infrastructure concessionaire in a £20 million LCIA Arbitration against design consultants regarding allegedly defective rail retention fastenings.
- A motorway infrastructure authority in proceedings regarding the allegedly defective construction of a wearing course on a UK motorway.
- A shipyard in SIAC arbitration proceedings concerning the recovery of advance payment guarantee bonds and the final valuation of work performed prior to the agreed termination of a contract to build a rock-dumping vessel.
- A consortium of international EPC contractors in pre-arbitral proceedings over a delay and disruption to construction of an airport in the Middle East. Included eight-month secondment to the region.
- A contractor in a $200 million ICC arbitration about the delayed construction, and subsequent termination, of an amended FIDIC contract for the construction of a Eurasian hotel.
- A property development company in disputes before the courts of the Channel Islands concerning two delayed developments.
- Various contractors' final account disputes in sectors including process plant, rail and oil & gas before the courts and in UK adjudication proceedings.
- Inns of Court School of Law, 2008, B.V.C.
- University of Oxford, 2007, B.A.