Sebastian Dutz is an associate in the Litigation Department and a member of the firm’s International Dispute Resolution Group. His practice focuses ...
Read Full Biography
- The World Health Organization (WHO) in asserting its privileges and immunities in connection with a putative class action filed against it in U.S. court, alleging claims based on WHO’s response to the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
- SMM Cerro Verde Netherlands B.V. in an ICSID arbitration brought against the Government of Peru under the Netherlands–Peru BIT, with claims in excess of $250 million. The dispute arises out of the Government’s imposition of royalties, taxes, and penalties and interest against its affiliate, which operates one of the world’s most productive copper mines.
- BodyArmor Nutrition in defense of contract action brought by former beverage distributor.
- Certain former directors and shareholders of Purdue Pharma, regarding prescription opioid litigation in various fora across the country, including a federal multi-district litigation and actions brought by states attorneys general.
- An engineering and commissioning contractor in a multibillion dollar ICC arbitration seated in Singapore concerning the disputed termination of an EPC subcontract to build and commission a combined-cycle power plant at an Australian LNG facility.
- The State of Qatar and Qatari entities and individuals in international claims arising out of the measures imposed by the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, and Egypt against Qatar, including in proceedings before the International Court of Justice against the United Arab Emirates, investment arbitrations and claims in other international tribunals.
- Freeport-McMoRan and Sociedad Minera Cerro Verde in an ICSID arbitration against Peru under the U.S.–Peru Trade Promotion Agreement, with claims of approximately $1 billion. The dispute arises out of the Government’s imposition of royalties, taxes, and penalties and interest against its affiliate, which operates one of the world’s most productive copper mines.
- Francesco Becchetti and five other Italian investors in ICSID proceedings against Albania arising out of claimants’ investments in a hydroelectric plant and a media company, winning a historic order of provisional measures suspending criminal and extradition proceedings, and resulting in a favorable award.
- New York University School of Law, 2018, J.D.
- University of Toronto, 2015, B.A.