Sidney Levinson is a partner and Co-Chair of the firm’s Restructuring Group and a member of the Special Situations team. Mr. Levinson has extensive ...
Read Full Biography
- Brigade Capital Management, the second largest holder of secured debt issued by Avaya, in Avaya’s pre-packaged chapter 11 bankruptcy proceeding.
- Certain holders of second lien term loans issued by Integro Parent Inc., part of Tysers Insurance Brokers, Ltd., a leading Lloyds independent broker, in a transaction under which AUB Group Limited will acquire Tysers from Odyssey Investment Partners for $615.2 million.
- Two Irish companies, lessors of two aircraft operating leases to Vietnam Airlines, with respect to their specific rights and obligations in the chapter 11 bankruptcies of their parent companies.
- A global asset management firm in the purchase of 8% Exchangeable Senior Secured Notes issued by Avaya, a global leader in digital communications products, solutions and services.
- CPPIB Credit Investments, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Canada Pension Plan Investment Board, and OMERS, the defined benefit pension plan for Ontario’s municipal sector employees, in separate investments totaling $900 million in Odyssey Group, a U.S. based reinsurance and insurance subsidiary of Fairfax.
- Brigade Capital Management, the largest creditor of Guitar Center, in the company’s recapitalization through a prepackaged Chapter 11 case, resulting in affiliates of Brigade, together with affiliates of Ares and Carlyle, controlling Guitar Center and eliminating $800 million in Guitar Center debt.
- Agricultural Bank of China Limited, New York branch, as agent for a $3.55 billion term loan facility issued by subsidiaries of HNA Group, which is currently the subject of a PRC restructuring.
- Blackstone Tactical Opportunities Fund L.P. in obtaining dismissal of tortious interference with contract claims brought in New York state court based on allegations related to portfolio company’s refinancing transaction.
- Brigade Capital Management and B. Riley Financial Inc., as debtor-in-possession lenders who provided a $257 million DIP facility to Barneys New York in the company’s Chapter 11 proceedings.
- Ad Hoc Group of Term Lenders of Red Lobster in an amendment and refinancing management transaction involving the well-known restaurant chain Red Lobster, which has been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Ad Hoc Group of First Lien Noteholders of Hot Topic, in pursuing a lawsuit and remedies against a sponsor resulting from the transfer of a valuable business, resulting in favorable resolution that caused bond price to jump from 63 cents to 97 cents.
- Brigade Capital Management, as debtor-in-possession lender in providing a $95 million DIP facility and a $100 million exit facility to Alpha Media in its Chapter 11 bankruptcy case.
- Official Committee of Second Lien Noteholders of Caesars Entertainment Operating Company, representing holders of more than $5 billion of second lien notes, which received a distribution of 66.5 cents, a sevenfold increase from the original proposed distribution of 9 cents.
- Ad Hoc Group of Second Lien Noteholders in the Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceeding of Bon-Ton Department Stores, and in the ultimate purchase and monetization of substantially all of the assets of the U.S. department store chain.
- Ad Hoc Group of 1.5 Lien Noteholders of Hexion, Inc. in the prearranged Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceeding of a global chemical company.
- Ad Hoc Minority Group of PIK Term Loans of EB Holdings II in the Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings of the owner of Eco-Bat Technologies, the world’s biggest recycler and producer of lead, in the United States Bankruptcy Court for the District of Nevada.
- The Los Angeles Dodgers, a major league baseball club, in its successful Chapter 11 bankruptcy proceeding in which an investment group led by Guggenheim Partners acquired the team and media rights for a price in excess of $2 billion.
- Creditors of Azabu Buildings, Ltd., in prosecuting and then participating in the involuntary bankruptcy proceeding of the Japanese real estate company.
- Ad Hoc Group of First Lien Noteholders of Premier Entertainment Biloxi, in the Chapter 11 bankruptcy case of the hotel/casino, resulting in recovery for the holders of par plus accrued interest plus a $9.5 million makewhole premium.
- Syncora Holdings, as insurer of power revenue bonds issued by PREPA, Puerto Rico’s troubled electric utility, in the highly-publicized and complex restructuring negotiations relating to PREPA’s $8.3 billion of funded debt.
- The Chapter 11 trustee for Hawaiian Airlines in the bankruptcy proceedings of the airline and also as its lead trial counsel in obtaining an $80 million judgment (plus attorneys fees of $3.9 million) against Mesa Air Group arising from Mesa's breach of a confidentiality agreement.
- Ad Hoc Group of Term Lenders of NYDJ Apparel, in NYDJ’s out of court restructuring and subsequent M&A sale of the company.
- Ad Hoc Group of 2034 Notes of Nine West, in pre-bankruptcy restructuring negotiations.
- Brookfield Asset Management, in the bankruptcy of a ground lessor of an office building located on the Miracle Mile in Los Angeles, CA.
- Access Industries, as a 1.5 lien noteholder and shareholder of EP Energy Corporation, the Houston-based oil and gas driller, in connection with EP Energy’s Chapter 11 proceedings in U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Texas.
- University of California at Los Angeles, 1988, J.D.
- Brandeis University, 1985, B.A.