Sol Czerwonko is a litigation associate in the firm’s New York office who focuses her practice on international arbitration and cross-border litigation. ...
Read Full Biography
- YPF S.A. in successfully defeating claims for roughly $15 billion in damages and pre-judgment interest that were brought by Petersen Energía and Eton Park (both funded by Burford Capital) in the S.D.N.Y. arising from the Republic of Argentina’s 2012 intervention in YPF and subsequent expropriation of 51% of YPF’s capital stock.
- A U.S. investor in an oil & gas project, including a refinery, oil fields, and licenses, in an ICSID arbitration against the Republic of Peru.
- An engineering and commissioning contractor in a multibillion dollar ICC arbitration seated in Singapore concerning the disputed termination of an EPC subcontract to build and commission a combined-cycle power plant at an Australian LNG facility.
- An international mining company in an advisory matter concerning the company’s treaty rights in response to potential changes to legislation and regulations of a Latin American state.
- An American hedge fund in an advisory matter concerning different international companies’ treaty claims in response to expropriation acts from a Latin American state, for the purpose of third party litigation funding.
- Claimant MAKAE Europe SARL in a billion-dollar claim against the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- New York University School of Law, LL.M.
- Universidad Austral, J.D. Equivalent