Steven Ostner is a retired partner and a member of the firm’s Financial Institutions, Securities, Mergers & Acquisitions and Finance ...
Read Full Biography
- Strongwood Insurance Holdings in its sale of Sequoia Insurance Company, Personal Express Insurance Company, Sequoia Indemnity Company and certain other subsidiaries to Amtrust Financial Services.
- Protective Life Insurance Company and its wholly owned captive reinsurer, Golden Gate IV Vermont Captive Insurance Company, in a $790 million letter of credit-based financing of XXX reserves.
- Syncora Holdings and its subsidiary, Syncora Guarantee, in the subsidiary's comprehensive $6 billion restructuring relating to its transactions with various financial institutions that were counterparties to its credit default swaps and holders of residential mortgage-backed securities that it guaranteed.
- Syncora Guarantee in the complex restructuring of financial guaranty policies related to approximately $500 million of Jefferson County, Alabama, Sewer Revenue Refunding Warrants.
- Security Capital Assurance in its restructuring with XL Capital and various financial institutions party to credit default swaps with its insurance subsidiary XL Capital Assurance.
- MBIA in a $1 billion investment by Warburg Pincus.
- Senior Health Care Oversight Trust in the transfer to the Trust of Senior Health Insurance Company of Pennsylvania, formerly known as Conseco Senior Health Insurance Company, from Conseco.
- Protective Life Corporation in a structured financing of excess “XXX” reserves of its life insurance subsidiaries.
- Yale Law School, 1978, J.D.
- Amherst College, 1974, B.A.