Thomas H. Norgaard is an associate and member of the firm’s International Dispute Resolution and White Collar Groups.
Chambers Global (2013-2015) ...
Read Full Biography
- Perenco Ecuador, prevailing on novel jurisdictional and merits issues in an ICSID arbitration arising out of the Republic of Ecuador’s unilateral increase of its participation to 99% of all revenues from oil sales above a fixed “reference price” and its declaration that Perenco’s contracts had come to an end. A decision on Perenco’s claims for more than $1 billion in damages is currently pending.
- A publicly-traded Canadian mining company in its dispute against Colombia arising out of the effective cancellation of licenses, under the Colombia-Canada Free Trade Agreement (FTA).
- A major international brewery against a carbonated soft drink production company in Central America in a commercial arbitration under the ICC Rules.
- Gramercy Funds Management and Gramercy Peru Holdings in an investment treaty arbitration against the Government of Peru arising under the U.S.-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement.
- The New York City Bar Association and the Committee to Protect Journalists, as amici curiae, before the Inter-American Court of Human Rights.
- The shareholders of a multinational children’s clothing company in 28 U.S.C. § 1782 proceedings to obtain evidence in the United States before the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia.
- The subsidiary of an international cosmetics company in an investigation by the U.S. Attorney, Southern District of Florida arising out of alleged money laundering activities.
- The Supervisory Board of an international engineering, procurement and construction company in an investigation by the Munich Prosecutor under German Anti-Bribery Laws.
- New York University School of Law, 2008, LL.M.