Veronika Polakova is an associate in the Tax Department based in the firm’s London office. Her practice focuses on U.S. tax aspects of the establishment ...
Read Full Biography
- AfricInvest in the formation of AfricInvest Fund IV, its largest ever Africa-focused fund with total commitments of $411 million.
- FitzWalter Capital in the formation of FitzWalter Capital Partners I, its $920 million inaugural fund.
- Fifth Wall in the formation of its European Real Estate Technology Fund, a €140 million fund targeting investments in high-potential European startups, and potential co-investing opportunities alongside Fifth Wall’s North American Real Estate Tech funds.
- Top Tier Capital Partners in the formation of Top Tier European Venture Capital Fund SCSp, a €260 million European venture capital fund of funds.
- Park Square Capital in the formation of Park Square Capital Partners IV, a €2.2 billion subordinated debt fund.
- Pantheon as lead investor in Ergon svt Long Term Value Fund SCSp, a €270 million single-asset fund invested in svt, the leading European provider of passive fire protection products, installation and restoration management services.
- HarbourVest Partners and Pantheon as investors in 3i’s GP-led single asset fund restructuring, one of the largest-ever such transactions which involved moving Action, with a post-discount enterprise value of €10.25 billion, to a continuation vehicle.
- A consortium of international secondaries fund sponsors led by Pantheon and Aberdeen Standard in a fund recapitalization involving the single-asset transfer of KD Pharma Group, a German vitamin supplement manufacturer, and related investment transaction.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its investment in SOCOTEC Group, a leading global provider of testing, inspection and certification services focused on asset integrity.
- TPG Growth in its takeover of the existing assets of the Abraaj Group’s $1 billion Global Healthcare Fund. The deal saw Debevoise win the “Specialist Deal Legal Advisor” category at the Private Equity Africa Awards.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in its acquisition of a controlling interest in Westbury Street, a leading independent contract caterer and hospitality services provider in the UK.
- A leading secondaries fund sponsor in its acquisition of a portfolio of private equity fund interests held by a European fund of funds sponsor.
- TPG Growth in its investment in Big River Steel.
- Harvard Law School, 2016, J.D.
- University of Virginia, 2011, B.A.