Wen-Wei Lai, based in Hong Kong, is an associate and member of the firm’s Corporate Department and M&A Group.
Recommended for M&A by The ...
Read Full Biography
- Alibaba in the joint venture of its AliExpress business in Russia with the Russian Direct Investment Fund, MegaFon and Mail.ru, aimed at integrating Russia’s key consumer internet and e-commerce platforms.
- A leading Chinese private equity firm in a $170 million umbrella subscription line facility with Citibank N.A.
- AIA Group in its $500 million offering of 3.90% notes due 2028.
- The Heart Clinic, a cardiology specialist medical practice, in its sale to Virtus Medical Holdings, and the establishment of a long-term arrangement for the cardiologists to continue operating The Heart Clinic under Virtus Medical Holdings.
- HarbourVest Partners in its co-investment with a Southeast Asian private equity fund in the buyout of an education group in Malaysia.
- AIA Group in its strategic bancassurance partnership with Bangkok Bank to distribute its insurance products in Thailand.
- AIA Group in its AUS$3.8 billion acquisition of CommInsure and Sovereign, the life insurance businesses of the Commonwealth Bank of Australia in Australia and New Zealand, and related 20 year bancassurance agreements.
- Polyus Gold International in its sale of up to a $1.4 billion stake in PJSC Polyus to Fosun International.
- AIA Group in its $500 million offering in Taiwan of 4.47% senior unsecured fixed rate notes due 2047.
- American International Group in its sale of its Japan life insurance business to FWD.
- Pfizer in its proposed $160 billion acquisition of Allergan and inversion transaction to re-incorporate in Ireland.
- Endo International in its $8.1 billion acquisition of Par Pharmaceutical Holdings, its $1.7 billion sale of its Men’s Health business and its proposed $11.2 billion bid for Salix Pharmaceuticals.
- Covidien in the spin-off of its pharmaceuticals business, Mallinckrodt Pharmaceuticals.
- Baxter International in the spin-off of its pharmaceuticals business, Baxalta Incorporated, and subsequent dispositions of its remaining holdings of Baxalta Incorporated common stock.
- Endo International in its SEC-registered offering of $2.3 billion of ordinary shares to finance its acquisition of Par Pharmaceutical Holdings.
- Endo International in a series of three Rule 144A/Regulation S offerings with an aggregate amount of $3.6 billion of high-yield notes to finance its acquisitions of three pharmaceutical companies (DAVA, Auxilium and Par).
- Sensata Technologies Holdings in its Rule 144A/Regulation S offering of $400 million of high-yield notes to finance its acquisition of Schrader International.
- Dentsply International in its private placement of $670 million of investment-grade notes to finance its acquisition of Sirona Dental Systems.
- The Chemours Company, formerly a subsidiary of DuPont, in its Rule 144A/Regulation S offering of $2.5 billion of high-yield notes to finance its dividend to DuPont as part of its spin-off from DuPont.
- BankUnited in a series of three SEC-registered follow-on offerings with an aggregate amount of $913 million of common stock.
- The underwriters in the $1.5 billion initial public offering and $696 million follow-on offering of Nasdaq-listed Markit .
- The underwriters in the $71 million initial public offering and $151 million follow-on offering of Nasdaq-listed Enzymotec.
- The underwriters in the $85 million initial public offering of NYSE-listed Evogene.
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International in its Rule 144A/Regulation S offering of $900 million of high-yield notes.
- Gilead Sciences in its SEC-registered offering of $4 billion of investment-grade notes.
- The National Hockey League in its provision of two credit facilities with an aggregate amount of $116 million to finance the acquisitions of the Phoenix Coyotes and the New Jersey Devils by the respective buyer consortia.
- Travelport in a series of three transactions in its term loan and revolving credit facilities with an aggregate amount of $2.4 billion.
- Realogy Group in its $2.4 billion term loan and revolving credit facilities.
- Investment funds affiliated with BlackRock in their revolving credit facilities with an aggregate amount of $1.7 billion.
- The Dayton Power and Light Company in its $700 million term loan and revolving credit facilities.
- Columbia Law School, 2012, J.D.
- National Taiwan University, 2006, LL.B.