Z.J. Jennifer Lim is a litigation associate whose practice focuses on international dispute resolution and arbitration. In 2019 she was recognized as a ...
Read Full Biography
- Tethyan Copper Company in its US$6 billion arbitration win against the Islamic Republic of Pakistan, which is the second-largest ICSID award ever rendered.
- An Asia-based global manufacturer in the solar power industry in an LCIA arbitration, involving claims of more than €200 million.
- A substantial shareholder of a Hong Kong listed company in her misrepresentation claim to rescind transactions through which her shares in the listed company were transferred to a U.S. company.
- The Republic of Korea in ICSID arbitration filed by IPICI and Hanocal.
- ExxonMobil and Murphy Oil in a NAFTA claim against the Government of Canada arising from requirements imposed by the Province of Newfoundland and Labrador. The Tribunal handed down its Decision on Liability and on Principles of Quantum ruling in favor of our clients that Newfoundland’s regulations violated NAFTA.
- A Chinese EPC contractor in an ICC arbitration concerning the construction of a coal-fired power generation facility in Central America, with more than $1 billion at stake.
- A major U.S. financial services company in an ICC arbitration seated in Hong Kong, in a dispute worth over $500 million concerning a significant corporate transaction.
- Perenco Ecuador, prevailing on novel jurisdictional and merits issues in an ICSID arbitration arising out of the Republic of Ecuador’s unilateral increase of its participation to 99% of all revenues from oil sales above a fixed “reference price” and its declaration that Perenco’s contracts had come to an end. Perenco is now entitled to approximately US$435 million, net of cost recovery and other factors, which is the largest compensation amount that any investment tribunal has awarded against Ecuador for its imposition of Law 42.
- Poštová Banka of Slovakia in investment treaty claims against Greece arising from the Greek debt restructuring.
- A major pharmaceutical company regarding potential FCPA issues arising from the payments for travel and expenses in connection with a training program for Chinese foreign officials.
- A high net worth individual in a dispute with his former Chinese joint venture partner relating to the distribution of assets from the Chinese JV company, involving litigation in multiple jurisdictions including successfully obtaining an injunction against the adversary’s assets in Hong Kong.
- Columbia Law School, 2012, J.D.
- University College London, 2012, Bachelor of Laws