AJ Salomon is a corporate associate and a member of the Financial Institutions Group.
Her practice focuses on advising clients in the insurance ...
Read Full Biography
- Brookfield Reinsurance in its $10 billion reinsurance agreement with American Equity Investment Life Insurance Company.
- Brookfield Reinsurance Partners in the regulatory process relating to the acquisition of a cornerstone investment in American Equity Investment Life Holding Company.
- Jackson and Prudential plc in the separation of Jackson through a demerger, in a transaction valued at approximately $2.5 billion and that establishes Jackson as an independent, publicly-traded company.
- Prudential in the sale of its retirement plan business to Empower for a total transaction value of $3.55 billion.
- American International Group in its strategic partnership with Blackstone Group for its Life & Retirement business.
- MassMutual in its $3.5 billion acquisition of Great American Life, a wholly owned subsidiary of American Financial Group.
- Covéa in its $750m investment in Lorenz Re, a Bermuda reinsurance company established to enable PartnerRe to participate in the investor backed collateralized reinsurance market.
- MetLife in the $3.94 billion sale of its auto and home business to Zurich Insurance Group subsidiary Farmers Group.
- Global Atlantic, a retirement and life insurance company, in the establishment of Ivy Re, a reinsurance co-investment vehicle designed to co-invest approximately $1 billion with Global Atlantic and its subsidiaries in qualifying reinsurance transactions.
- Resolution Life, a global life insurance group focusing on the acquisition and management of portfolios of life insurance policies, in its $1.25 billion acquisition of Voya Financial’s individual life in-force business.
- Protective Life Insurance Company in the consolidation of its captive reserve financing facilities.
- Prudential Financial in its $2.35 billion acquisition of Assurance IQ.
- RL LP in its sale of Lincoln Benefit Life to an affiliate of Kuvare US Holdings.
- Crescent Capital Group, KKR Credit Advisors and GoldPoint Partners, as prepetition noteholders and debtor-in-possession lenders to The Rockport Company and its subsidiaries, in the company’s Chapter 11 proceedings.
- Syncora Holdings, as insurer of power revenue bonds issued by PREPA, Puerto Rico’s troubled electric utility, and the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, in the ongoing highly publicized and complex restructuring negotiations relating to PREPA’s and the Commonwealth’s extensive funded debt and their PROMESA Title III proceedings.
- Samsung Fire & Marine Insurance Company in a loss portfolio transfer of legacy U.S. insurance liabilities to Alea North America Insurance, a wholly owned subsidiary of Bermuda-based run-off firm Catalina Holdings.
- Prosperity Life Insurance in its sale to an investor group led by Elliott Management.
- David’s Bridal in its successful pre-packaged Chapter 11 reorganization in the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the District of Delaware, under which David’s Bridal cut its debt by more than $400 million while preserving its business intact and ensuring that 80,000 pending customer orders and all trade claims would be satisfied without interruption.
- Gramercy Funds Management, as debtor-in-possession lender and one of the largest shareholders and creditors of Banro Corporation, a Canadian mining company with operations in the Democratic Republic of Congo, which successfully restructured under CCAA proceedings in Canada.
- Resolution Life, a global life insurance group focusing on the acquisition and management of portfolios of life insurance policies, in its sale of Lincoln Benefit Life to Global Bankers Insurance Group. (Terminated)
- CF Corporation and Blackstone in the $1.835 billion acquisition of Fidelity & Guaranty Life.
- Columbia Law School, 2016, J.D.
- Colgate University, 2013, B.A.