Akima Paul Lambert is a litigation international counsel and a member of the firm’s Commercial Litigation and International Dispute Resolution Group. ...
Read Full Biography
- BAT Industries in proceedings arising from the $1 billion clean-up of the Fox River in the U.S., including proceedings brought by BAT in the High Court against Appvion and Windward Prospects (certain companies which used to form part of the BAT Group) and proceedings seeking to ensure the recovery of around $800 million in dividends paid by Windward to a company called Sequana.
- An Italian candle wax manufacturer in follow-on damages claims in the English courts (including representation in the Court of Appeal).
- Securing a €36 million judgment for a bank in connection with an Italian region’s dispute of specific derivative transactions.
- A Middle Eastern financial institution on a range of matters, including successfully challenging the jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Successfully defending a claim brought by a bondholder against a former Soviet bank.
- One of the world’s leading fresh food producers in a dispute over terms of supply under a freight agreement and representation in a commercial arbitration.
- A firm of solicitors in a negligence claim in the Bahamian courts.
- The Center for Reproductive Rights in securing UN recommendations to overturn El Salvador’s criminalization of abortion.
- Human Dignity Trust in a joint intervention on behalf of the Human Dignity Trust, International Committee of Jurists and Commonwealth Lawyers Association, which saw a law in Belize that disproportionately affects homosexual men ruled unconstitutional.
- BPP Law School, 2006, L.P.C.
- Université Paris II Panthéon-Assas, 2005, Maîtrise en droit
- University of Cambridge, 2005, M.A. (Hons)