Alyona Kucher is a partner based in the Moscow office. She is recognised as a leading corporate lawyer in Russia by Chambers Global, Chambers Europe and ...
Read Full Biography
Mergers & Acquisitions
- One of the leading oil and gas field service contractors in Russia and the CIS in its acquisition of a Kazakhstan oilfield services business from one of the largest global oilfield services corporations.
- A Russian investment company in the restructuring of its group consisting of investment, management and development companies (including antitrust filings with the FAS of Russia).
- Zurich Insurance in the sale of Zurich Russia's general insurance business to Olma, and restructuring of its Russian global corporate business.
- Sberbank in its transaction with BNP Paribas Personal Finance whereby Sberbank is transferring its car loan business, generated through partnerships with auto manufacturers and car dealers, to Cetelem Bank, the joint banking venture owned by Sberbank and BNP Paribas Group.
- Mitsui in its $240 million joint venture with EVRAZ Group to develop the Denisovskoye coal deposit.
- Sberbank in the acquisition of 70% stake in Cetelem Bank and formation of a joint venture with BNP Paribas Personal Finance.
- DaimlerChrysler in the establishment of a joint venture for the assembly of DaimlerChrysler motor vehicles in the Kaliningrad Special Economic Zone.
- Chrysler in the establishment of a joint venture for the production of Chrysler motor vehicles at an existing GAZ Group plant in accordance with an investment agreement for motor vehicle assembly signed with the Russian government.
- Transneft in its $1.2 billion acquisition of the Evolution Tower office building in the Moscow International Business Center (Moscow-City) from City Palace LLC. Representation of Transneft included legal due diligence of the building and land plot, preparation and negotiation of a draft sale and purchase agreement for the future real estate, and legal support in the signing and closing of the transaction. This deal is the largest on the Russian commercial real estate market.
- Mosinzhproekt in the development of options for implementation of the project for the construction of the South-West metro line from Novatorov Street station to Stolbovo station and commercial and residential real estate jointly with Chinese investors China International Fund Limited and China Railway Construction Corporation Limited. The work on the project included development of the contractual model for implementation of the project, options for financing of the project by the Chinese investors, and analysis of options for provision of the land plot for construction of the metro line and the commercial and residential real estate.
- A private investment company in its acquisition of a 50% interest in six office buildings in Moscow and the establishment of a 50/50 JV.
- Meridian Capital CIS Fund in its joint venture investment with PIK Group to develop certain commercial real estate in Moscow.
- Transneft in proposed purchase of business center in Moscow.
- RusHydro in its acquisition of an office building in Moscow.
- Aeroflot and its subsidiary Terminal in all aspects of the development, design, construction and financing of a new terminal at Moscow's Sheremetyevo airport, and advice in connection with a high-speed rail project to connect the airport terminals with Moscow city center.
- Ukraine’s largest industrial conglomerate in the negotiation and execution of contracts for the $250 million financing and construction of a new five-star soccer stadium in Donetsk to FIFA/UEFA standards.
- Inter RAO in its acquisition of a business centre in Moscow from Horus Capital.
- Briz Company in the construction of a shopping and entertainment mall in Saint Petersburg.
- NLMK in the acquisition of commercial real estate in Moscow, the development of industrial facilities in Saint Petersburg and residential real estate in Lipetsk.
- OGK-3 in a review of their EPC contracts for construction of various energy facilities.
- Costa Construction, a major Turkish construction company, in a number of Russian construction projects including building in Kozikhinskiy Lane in Moscow, a business center and a hotel in Rostov-on-Don..
- Costa Construction, a major Turkish construction company, in a number of Russian construction projects (including pre-litigation advice on a land-marking Moscow residential property).
- A consumer electronics retailer in its claim in Russian state commercial court against ZAO Centurion Alliance on the state registration of the Long Term Lease Agreement for Shop Centre EuroPark.
- A large Russian bank in a dispute concerning accounting warranties, among other issues, which arose following its acquisition of a pan-CIS banking group. The matter settled on terms favorable to our client.
- A Cypriot company in a complex commercial arbitration in Stockholm under the SCC Rules, engaging contractual and fiduciary claims under German, Cypriot and Swedish law.
- Participation in the working group of the Ministry of Justice of Russia on the reform of arbitration legislation in Russia, including drafting new arbitration law.
- Vladimir Potanin Foundation in the organization of an unprecedented exhibition of Soviet and Russian contemporary art at the Centre Pompidou in Paris.
- Moscow State University, Faculty of Law, 2002, Ph.D.
- Moscow State University, Faculty of Law, 2000, Law Degree