Amanda M. Bartlett is an associate based in the New York office. Ms. Bartlett is in the Litigation Department. She focuses on general commercial litigation, ...
Read Full Biography
- A Japanese utility as a member of an investor group in the group’s acquisition of majority ownership interests in Kleen Energy Systems, LLC, which operates a 620-megawatt natural gas-fired power plant located in Middletown, Connecticut. As part of the transaction, an affiliate of Ares EIF will manage the Kleen Energy power plant on behalf of the investor group.
- ACP Re, AmTrust Financial Services, National General Holdings, Tower Group Insurance and others in defending claims asserted by holders of trust preferred securities in connection with ACP Re’s acquisition of Tower Group Insurance.
- The D. E. Shaw Group and Madison Dearborn Partners, as plaintiffs in litigation in New York Supreme Court asserting claims for breach of contract and damages arising from the sale of First Wind Holdings, LLC.
- Oaktree Capital Management, Centerbridge and Five Mile in litigation to enforce guarantees with a Las Vegas real estate investment.
- The Prudential Insurance Company of America in a policyholder class action regarding use of retained asset accounts in connection with service members group life insurance.
- A Japanese Manufacturer in U.S. DOJ antitrust second request process in connection with acquisition of direct competitor.
- A Putative class of women prisoners in a federal class action lawsuit against representatives of the New York State Department of Corrections and Community Supervision for their failure to promulgate and enforce effective policies and procedures to prevent sexual abuse of prisoners by corrections officers.
- Foundation Medicine in a California false advertising litigation filed by a competitor over methods of validating genomic assays of cancer cells.
- Prudential Financial, Inc. in shareholder class action and derivative lawsuits arising from regulatory inquiries into death benefit payment practices and compliance with unclaimed property laws.
- BodyArmor Nutrition, makers of BodyArmor Super Drink, in defense of a trademark infringement action brought by Under Armour, makers of Under Armour sports clothing, equipment and related goods.
- A major financial services firm in the defense of litigations relating to auction rate securities.
- American Express in obtaining summary judgment ordering cancellation of an interloper’s trademark registration for BlackCard.
- Notz, Stucki et Cie, its directors, and related entities, in litigation related to substantial investments with Bernard L. Madoff Investment Securities, in obtaining dismissal of investor class action litigation purporting to assert claims for fraud and breach of common law duties in connection with one of the firm's managed funds, and in adversary proceedings brought by the Trustee of the BLMIS estate in the bankruptcy proceeding.
- St. John's University School of Law, 2009, J.D.
- Columbia University, 2002, B.A.