Dr. Andrea Pomana is a senior associate and a member of the EU competition practice of Debevoise. She specializes in European and German competition law, ...
Read Full Biography
- Solenis, a Clayton, Dubilier & Rice portfolio company, in its combination with BASF's paper and water chemicals business.
- Dover Corporation in its acquisition of Germany-based Ettlinger, a leading manufacturer of filtering solutions for the plastics recycling industry.
- VINCI Energies in its acquisition of Horlemann Group.
- Pacific Life and Aviation Capital Group in the minority investment by Tokyo Century in Aviation Capital Group, a transaction which won the Airline Economics Aviation 100 “2017 Overall Equity Deal of the Year” award.
- Temasek in its strategic investment in BluJay Solutions, a leading provider of supply chain software and services.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in the acquisition of Carestream Dental, the digital dental business of Carestream Health.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice and Brand Energy and Infrastructure Services in the transformational merger of Brand Energy and Safway Group, forming the leading global industrial service business with an enterprise value of approximately $5 billion.
- Tribune Media Company in the $560 million sale of Gracenote, a leading entertainment data provider, to the Nielsen Company.
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board in its $1.1 billion acquisition of Ascot from American International Group.
- Deutsche Bank in its co-investment into Medi-Globe.
- Solenis in merger control aspects of its acquisition of Nopco Paper Technology.
- Belectric in its sale of Belectric Solar & Battery to Innogy.
- American Securities and P2 Capital Partners in their $855 million acquisition of Blount International.
- Solenis in the merger control aspects of its Lostris and Wester Blend acquisitions.
- HarbourVest Partners in its €360 million acquisition, through a fund managed by Compass Partners International, of five portfolio companies from Bridgepoint Capital.
- Dover on German competition law aspects in its agreement with Tokheim Group to acquire Tokheim’s dispensers and systems businesses for a purchase price of €425 million.
- A leading manufacturer of comprehensive drive technology based in Japan, in its €165 million acquisition of a motors and actuators business and other M&A transactions in Germany.
- A producer of electronic goods in its agreements with European distributors.
- A large international automobile supplier in its internal compliance investigation.
- An international shipbuilding company in its acquisitions of several German non-naval and naval shipyards in merger control and foreign investment proceedings.
- A Russian oil company in its joint venture with an oil major in respect of a German refinery in merger control and foreign investment proceedings.
- A Swedish oil company in its acquisition of assets in a German refinery.
- A German energy provider on competition and energy regulatory matters in connection with electricity and gas concessions.
- A Swiss energy company in its acquisition of shares in an offshore wind energy company.
- An international packaging producer in its acquisition of shares in several companies in merger control proceedings and vertical agreements.
- An engineering major in the acquisition of an industrial and power service provider in merger control proceedings.
- Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität Bonn, 2010, Dr. iur.
- Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität Bonn, 2004, First State Examination