Anna R. Gressel is a senior associate and a member of the firm’s Data Strategy and Security Group and its FinTech and Technology practices. Her ...
Read Full Biography
- A global fraud prevention platform in development a comprehensive artificial intelligence ethics and governance framework, including relevant policies and procedures, governing committees, trainings, board briefings, and AI tabletop exercises.
- A leading private equity firm concerning reputational, regulatory, operational, and governance risks related to artificial intelligence.
- A major FinTech company on a broad range of artificial intelligence and data privacy issues concerning their use of machine learning and big data technologies, including related to the Fair Credit Reporting Act, the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, and the DFS cybersecurity regulation.
- Several leading insurers in developing artificial intelligence governance and compliance frameworks, including artificial intelligence risk assessments, bias testing, vendor oversight, board briefings, training of key stakeholders, and AI tabletops, among other activities.
- The Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association in submitting a public comment letter concerning the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau’s advance notice of proposed rulemaking on consumer access to financial records.
- A global media company on intellectual property issues related to the license of archival media content for AI training and development.
- A major international bank in a comprehensive AI risk assessment for their artificial intelligence programs.
- A major healthcare company in advice related to regulatory and governance issues around artificial intelligence.
- A leading financial institution with federal bank supervisory expectations concerning artificial intelligence and data governance.
- A global online advertising platform in a federal regulatory inquiry concerning the use of machine learning algorithms.
- A major New York health insurance company and its subsidiary in a qui tam suit regarding the alleged engagement of half-billion dollar accounting fraud, obtaining a significant client victory in the form of a settlement and a complete voluntarily dismissal of the claims with prejudice.
- Tribune Media Company in the successful dismissal of a securities class action arising from the failed acquisition of Tribune by Sinclair Broadcast Group.
- Ripple with ongoing civil litigation in the Southern District of New York against the Securities and Exchange Commission regarding the legal and regulatory status of XRP.
- Tribune Media Company in its lawsuit against Sinclair Broadcast Group in connection with the failed $3.9 billion acquisition of Tribune by Sinclair.
- Winged Foot Golf Club, along with certain present and former members of the Board of Directors of the Winged Foot Holding Corporation, in shareholder derivative and securities class action lawsuits pending in the Southern District of New York.
- A major professional sports league with respect to legal implications of potential uses of facial recognition and other biometric technologies.
- Multiple clients in providing comments to draft state and federal legislation concerning artificial intelligence.
- Harvard Law School, 2014, J.D.
- Pomona College, 2006, B.A.