Armando Rivera Jacobo is a counsel based in the New York office. Mr. Rivera is a member of the firm’s Corporate Department and Finance Group. ...
Read Full Biography
- Mojave Parabolic Trough Solar Power Plant, U.S.A. — acted for the senior lenders in a $1.0 billion project financing for a utility-scale solar power plant in the Mojave Desert in California.
- Cerro Verde – The project financing of the Cerro Verde mine in Peru, which was recognized as the Project Finance Deal of the Year by Latin Lawyer Magazine.
- Footprint Power in the sale of Salem Harbor Energy Station Project to Highstar Fund IV and Toyota Tsusho, an EPC Contract with Iberdrola Energy Projects, to build a 700MW state-of-the-art combined-cycle gas electric generating facility and a $730 million construction financing, a transaction awarded the Project Finance International “2015 Power Deal of the Year of the Americas” award.
- Purple Line Light Rail - acted for one of the short-listed consortia bidding for the “Purple Line” light rail project being developed in the Maryland suburbs of Washington D.C.
- Eutelsat Communications in its $1.14 billion acquisition of Satélites Mexicanos.
- Oriental Trading Company in its sale to Berkshire Hathaway.
- Utility-Scale Parabolic Trough Solar Power Plant – the senior lenders in a $1.5 billion project financing for a utility-scale solar power plant that will use a field of 800,000 parabolic trough mirrors and molten salt heat storage to permit power generation to continue at night.
- Pennsylvania Turnpike – the winning consortium in the Pennsylvania Turnpike concession, achieving a fully negotiated concession agreement and fully documented and binding financing commitments for a multisource financing including bank debt and PABs, although the transaction was ultimately not approved by the Pennsylvania state legislature.
- Financial Security Assurance (FSA) in its financial guarantee of a project bond financing for the Chicago Skyway toll bridge system, involving the issuance by Skyway Concession Company of $1.4 billion of senior secured floating rate bonds insured by FSA. This innovative financing included interest rate hedging transactions in which FSA insured the issuer’s obligations to Citibank and Goldman Sachs Capital Markets as swap counterparties. (Winner of IFLR's "Americas Deal of the Year 2005" and Project Finance Magazine's North America Project Bond Deal of the Year 2005.
- Missouri "Safe and Sound" Bridge Project –acted for the lenders in the proposed DBFM "800 Bridges" project in Missouri, including in a proposed tax exempt bond financing.
- AXA Group in its $1.5 billion acquisition of ING Seguros, the Mexican insurance subsidiary of ING Groep NV.
- MBIA in a $200 million registered offering of MBIA-insured inflation-indexed local currency bonds by a Mexican administrative trust established to securitize the toll receivables on the Cadereyta Toll Road (Monterrey Toll Road) in Nuevo Leon, Mexico.
- MBIA in wrapped bond financing for the “El Cajón” hydroelectric project sponsored by the Mexican Comisión Federal de Electricidad.
- ING Capital as joint bookrunner, joint lead arranger and administrative agent and Citigroup Global Markets Inc. in the $200 million term loan credit facilities for the Mexican auto part manufacturer with operations in the U.S., Metalsa S.A. de C.V.
- ING Capital as administrative agent for a syndicate of banks in a $100 million credit facility for Grupo Posadas, S.A. de C.V., the largest hotel operator in Latin America.
- Columbia Law School, 2007, LL.M.