Benjamin Lyon is an English and New Zealand-qualified International Counsel in the Corporate Department and a member of the firm’s Financial Institutions ...
Read Full Biography
- DBAY Advisors in the structuring and funding elements of its acquisition of Harvey Nash Group.
- AmTrust Financial Services in its $830 million reinsurance-to-close deals with Enstar Group in respect of its Lloyd’s operations.
- HarbourVest Partners in its role in the £1.2 billion take-private acquisition of UK insurer esure.
- AXA in the acquisition of Bermuda-based XL/Catlin Group for $15.3 billion in connection with insurance M&A and regulatory matters.
- Assured Guaranty in its acquisition of a minority interest in Rubicon Infrastructure Advisors.
- American International Group in its $5.56 billion acquisition of Validus Group, a Bermuda-based, NYSE-listed, (re)insurance company.
- Adveq in its sale to Schroders.
- American International Group in several transactions with Fairfax Financial, a leading global property and casualty insurer and reinsurer, as part of a strategic partnership in 12 jurisdictions across Latin America and Central and Eastern Europe.
- Canada Pension Plan Investment Board in its $1.1 billion acquisition of Ascot from American International Group.
- MBIA in the sale of its UK subsidiary to Assured Guaranty.
- AmTrust Financial Services in its $219 million acquisition of ANV Holding, a Lloyd's platform.
- Prudential Financial in its $350 million partnership with LeapFrog Investments, targeting investments in life insurance companies in Africa.
- Exor as insurance M&A counsel in its contested $6.9 billion acquisition of PartnerRe, a Bermuda-based reinsurance company.
- Clayton, Dubilier & Rice in B&M’s initial public offering and listing on the London Stock Exchange, and its subsequent sale of a 12% stake in B&M.
- Global Atlantic in the sale of its Bermuda and Lloyd’s insurance and reinsurance businesses to BTG Banco Pactual.
- GreyCastle in its $570 million acquisition, backed by a consortium of investors, of the run-off Life Reinsurance operations of XL Group.
- The executive management and certain other shareholders of Arrow Global Group in the company's £357 million initial public offering.
- TIAA-CREF in its partnership with Henderson Group PLC to create TIAA Henderson Real Estate Limited, a new global real estate investment management company, with total assets under management of over $63 billion.
- AIA Group in its $1.7 billion acquisition of ING's insurance businesses.
- Hardy Underwriting in its response to the unsolicited takeover approach announced by Beazley plc.
- Omega in its agreement with Canopius Group on the terms of a recommended £164 million all-cash bid for Omega by Canopius.
- University of Auckland, 2001, B.Com
- University of Auckland, 2001, LL.B.