Camila Amaral Surcan is a corporate associate and member of the firm’s Mergers and Acquisitions and Latin America Practice Groups. Ms. Amaral Surcan ...
Read Full Biography
- Brookfield Business Partners and Brookfield Asset Management in their proposed acquisition for $768 million of a 70% controlling stake in the business of Odebrecht Ambiental, Brazil’s largest private water distribution, collection and treatment company.
- GP Investments in a joint venture with a subsidiary of the Abu Dhabi Investment Authority (ADIA) to finance the acquisition, through a tender offer in Brazil, of a controlling stake in BR Properties S.A., a Brazilian real estate company.
- Ambev in a tender offer to acquire a controlling stake in Banks Holdings Limited, a leading Caribbean brewery headquartered in St. Michael, Barbados.
- D. E. Shaw, a global investment and technology development firm, in the sale of a 20% equity interest in the management companies of D. E. Shaw previously owned by Lehman Brothers to an entity managed by Hillspire, the family office that serves as the investment vehicle for Google Executive Chairman Eric Schmidt and his family.
- Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith and Citigroup Global Markets as representatives of the initial purchasers in the $750 million offering of 4.850% Senior Notes due 2044 by Liberty Mutual Group.
- Fidelity & Guaranty Life in its $190.6 million initial public offering.
- Booz Allen Hamilton in its $187 million secondary offering of common stock, and the Carlyle Group as the selling stockholder.
- The ServiceMaster Company in its $600 million offering of 8% senior notes due 2020.
- International Paper in its $900 million offering of 4.75% notes due 2022 and in its $600 million of 6.00% notes due 2041.
- Providence Equity Partners and SRA International in a $400 million offering of 11% senior unsecured notes due 2019 by SRA International.
- Itaú Unibanco in ongoing updates and offerings under its Medium Term Note Program, as well as in all of its SEC reporting and U.S. securities law compliance matters.
- Magnesita Refratários in a 144A/Regulation S offering of 30,700,000 common shares in an amount of R$253.3 million and a 144A/Regulation S offering of $400 million 7.875% senior notes issued by Rearden G Holdings Eins, a wholly owned subsidiary of Magnesita Refratários, and guaranteed by Magnesita Refratários and certain of its subsidiaries.
- Sadia in equity offering by BRF — Brasil Foods (formerly Perdigão) of 132,250,000 common shares in an amount of R$5.29 billion in the context of the merger of Sadia with Perdigão valued at approximately R$3.8 billion, as well as in general corporate matters.
- Columbia Law School, 2006, LL.M.
- University of São Paulo, 2002, LL.B.